Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 2444 times)

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
9/11
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:52:20 AM »
Like most Americans... I was thinking today about the events of 9/11 today.

I want to thank the Auzzies for standing side-by-side with the USA... much better than most of our so-called 'allies'.

Thank you.  

:wink:

Offline 2RRS

• TURBO TYPER!
9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »
We are with you dude...all the way.
K3 1200 - Blue
2012 Hayabusa - Black
K5  1200  LE - RIP

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
9/11
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:13:12 AM »
This is going to sound strange and probably contradictory.

As a former member of the RAAF we trained for war, and I think that it is only right and proper that our Armed Forces do what is necessary to keep this wide brown land of ours, and your democracy free.

Now, having said that, let me say that I really do disagree with war.  It saddens me that people can only settle arguements with violence, but I still stand by my above comment.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
9/11
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 09:34:50 AM »
I hate to say it, but I really think there is no such thing as a humanity without war.  The drive for power, dominance, control, wealth, and influence is written into us genetically and likely served us well in primitive times; we are top of the food chain, after all!

Peace, Love, and Rock 'N Roll is a great idea, but I don't believe it's actually possible.  I wish it was, though.

Mick, doesn't your Prime Minister take a lot of heat from the public for his pro-American stance?  And look at how Blair is treated.  Bush's lapdog.  How rude!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
9/11
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 06:57:07 AM »
Well, I guess Little Johnny (our PM) gets treated much the same as Mr Blair.  

There are very vocal groups who are against the 'war' in Irag, but even most of them support the troops, so it's not like Vietnam.

Really, I think that the majority of Australians, lets call them the silent majority, are in favour of our Defence Force doing their part for world peace.

As I said, personally I disagree with war, but I'm a realist and yes it is human nature and I think that every nation has a responsbility to look after their neighbours, in the widest possible sense of the word.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"