Author Topic: Front Number Plates  (Read 3366 times)

Offline swagzz

• TURBO TYPER!
  • noli illegetimi non carborundum
Front Number Plates
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:54 AM »
:soapbox:OK now I really know I'm back in the motor cycle world,the horrible little bastards in VicRoads are trying to bring back front number plates or front identifiers as they would have us call them.
 So heres what I do, instead of just sitting here idling away some spare time I'm sending emails to people that care. :bomb:
  Like the Victorian Tourism Board and anyone else i can think of that makes a dollar out of people going to motorcycle events in Victoria and anywhere else.
  Let them know its going to cost them more in revenue than it will to get them from their speed cameras and toll roads.
  If the germs get this in in one state the rest will follow and we will only have ourselves to blame for being to slack to fight against pure bureaucratic money grubbing.
  Just think how nice your latest bit of go fast gear is going to look with a bracket bolted on to the front to help the aerodynamics and airflow into the ramair systems. :gloom:
  I'm all right now , once I've found my dummy I'll get back to letter writing.
Check out the latest bike mags or the MRA website for links to petition sites because if we don't we'll all look great in fluro orange suits on fluro orange bikes with flashing beacons on them for our OWN safety
                                                      swagzz

Offline Cruisecontrol

• Board Homesteader!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Front Number Plates
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:43:03 PM »
:soapbox:OK now I really know I'm back in the motor cycle world,the horrible little bastards in VicRoads are trying to bring back front number plates or front identifiers as they would have us call them. 

I agree in total of what your saying, I'm sure aussie will back me in saying I've been yelling this stuff for years.

But sorry to correct you on a very fine small point..........
Its those snivelling little money grabing pricks at transurban, the operators of the citylink and shortly to follow eastlink, who have been pushing Vic roads for front plates. Why? So they can bill motorcycles for using their efen tollway. Why carnt they turn their efen camera's around, cause then they carnt bill semi's and double B's..........
So it is transurban quitely sqeezing the balls of Vic roads to do their dirty work, under the disguise, of speed camera/road safety..... Oh yeah who the efen hell operates the speed camera's here? Give you one guess,,,,,,, yeah Transefenurban, looks like a win win situation for tansurban, they get to bill motorbikes and scooters on the tollways, and they get more speed camera bookings because they can idenifiy Motorcycles from the front............
Just another efen case of big bussiness running government departments.
And the worst part it aint even a Australian company, profits going back to Japan. Hmmmmmm, which brings me to the next question, who the efen hell is running this country?  :taz: :soapbox: :gatlin :deadhorse:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

ippo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 02:44:14 AM »
There is speed camera which can take you front and  background.
It is new technique and expensive but tomorrow....

Offline swagzz

• TURBO TYPER!
  • noli illegetimi non carborundum
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 07:11:16 AM »
I stand corrected, could have been the red mist in front of the eyes but we are agreed they are pricks only cos the opposite is useful

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
I was reading the latest AMCN, they devoted 4 pages to this.  An interesting statement from Yamaha and Honda, effectively saying the if you modify your new bike in any way the warranty will be void - that includes putting any brackets or stickers on the bike.

The insurance companies feel that if the bike is modified (fitted with brackets) and they deem that this contributed to the accident, then they will refuse pay up.

Some designer from the US effectively said that if this was to become an Australian wide policy then the manufactures won't import any bikes to Oz as the cost of making the modifications to such a low number of bikes will be to prohibative.

I heard on the local news a week or so ago that the NSW government isn't considering this - mind you they are politicians so who knows. 

If they were that concerned with our safety they'd get rid of wire rope barriers, fix the potholes in roads, properly sweep the roads after road works, offer better government funded driver/rider education and training, and if they we're really keen to catch us speeding, just install cameras that take a picture of the rear of the vehicle, hell they've already got them, I believe Canberra is littered with them.

As for not catching Prime Movers etc, well I you can track the Primer Mover from the Trailer rego in 95% of the cases.  And I'm sure that if its a subbie pulling a 'company' trailer the 'company' will get is sorted pretty quickly - like wise with 'Hire' vehicles.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:53:30 AM »
I was reading the latest AMCN, they devoted 4 pages to this.  An interesting statement from Yamaha and Honda, effectively saying the if you modify your new bike in any way the warranty will be void - that includes putting any brackets or stickers on the bike.

The insurance companies feel that if the bike is modified (fitted with brackets) and they deem that this contributed to the accident, then they will refuse pay up.

Some designer from the US effectively said that if this was to become an Australian wide policy then the manufactures won't import any bikes to Oz as the cost of making the modifications to such a low number of bikes will be to prohibative.

I heard on the local news a week or so ago that the NSW government isn't considering this - mind you they are politicians so who knows. 

If they were that concerned with our safety they'd get rid of wire rope barriers, fix the potholes in roads, properly sweep the roads after road works, offer better government funded driver/rider education and training, and if they we're really keen to catch us speeding, just install cameras that take a picture of the rear of the vehicle, hell they've already got them, I believe Canberra is littered with them.

As for not catching Prime Movers etc, well I you can track the Primer Mover from the Trailer rego in 95% of the cases.  And I'm sure that if its a subbie pulling a 'company' trailer the 'company' will get is sorted pretty quickly - like wise with 'Hire' vehicles.

I agree with ya Mick on tracking trailers to rigs, I know it, you know most people with half a brain know it, but this is the BS excuse that transurban has put forward, and the other half of the population and the pollies beleive it. :annoy: efen sad ain't it.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.