Author Topic: hey up lads !!  (Read 2641 times)

Offline madmickyb

• TURBO TYPER!
hey up lads !!
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »
thought i'd have a lookin with you guys seeing as though the uk lads seem to have gone to sleep for the winter !!
i actually only lay the bandit up for the winter myself seems the rest of the uk lot sleep with there bikes  !!lol :shock:

mick :beers:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
hey up lads !!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 03:22:05 AM »
G'day again Mick - at least you've got the right name to be on the Aussie Forum.

Most of us in the land of Oz ride all year round - the only limiting factor for most of us is heat - let me assure you riding in 38c+ is just as unpleasent as riding in the cold.

I'm a firm believer in the adage "If it's too hot to wear the right gear, then it's too hot to be on the bike".

Consequently from around mid December to late January I usually limit my riding to early morning or late evening. The only problem with that is the Wildlife.  Hitting a Kangaroo, Wombat, Echidna etc at 100km/h is not fun - not that it's happened to me, but I know of people who have, and I've seen some pretty horific pictures.  But, if you ride with this in mind you can ride fairly safely.

By the way, you should feel at home on the Aussie/Kiwi forum, there's a few of us that come from pommy land.  

Myself, I was born near Bradford - Mum and Dad moved to Oz in '70 (I wasn't even 5 then) so I don't really remember much.  All my Aunts/Uncles/Cousins live in pommy land so I get to hear about how lucky we are downunder.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline madmickyb

• TURBO TYPER!
hey up lads !!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »
g'day mick ..

i was born in dewsbury myself only a stones throw from bradford !! i now live just outside york

As for hitting wildlife i've had some experence of that too hit a hare (jack rabbit to you guys !) at about 50mph on my trailie when i was 17 it was pitch black at night and on a farm track on the way from my mates house  !! it went between the forks and the wheel was cut in half and then flew up past my leg !! dont know how to this day but i kept the bike upright (though needing new under pants when i got home !!lol)
i've got a photo somewhere i post it if i can find it !!(of the bike that is not my pants pmsl )bike was coverd in blood (as was i ) hit a pheasent too that was the first week after i got my b6 !! hit my left hand but again managed to stay on her !
i do ride in the winter sometimes but as soon as the salt gritters come out my bike go's away suzuki's rust and corrode fast over here !!!
been to perth back in 92 but couldnt find any work !! so came back home to marry my now wife jax !! didnt recon much to perth though too many bloody redback spiders in the youth hostle where we were staying !! check ya shoes every morning !! not fun ...

mick  :beers:

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
hey up lads !!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:58:56 AM »
Gday Mick in the cold and wet UK. Shyte me saying that after the last 24 hrs or so down here, feels like me feet is growing skin between the toes, quack quack. Anyways good to see ya still awake up there. Me also an expat pom, Banstead Heath down Surrey way. :beers:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline madmickyb

• TURBO TYPER!
hey up lads !!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 06:06:39 AM »
found the old picture of my trailie after i'd hit the hare !

bit of a mess !! lol

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
hey up lads !!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 03:06:30 AM »
Hare/Jack rabbit, ha you should see our V8 rabbits. :wink:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline madmickyb

• TURBO TYPER!
hey up lads !!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 05:48:24 AM »
pmsl !