Author Topic: Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« on: September 06, 2005, 02:07:37 PM »
Not To swell your ED's "Ay" (ok enough) What makes you OZy's seem to be up front and breaking away on so many races. Are you used to riding em like you stole em? :roll:  Just kidding! Do you have more places you can get used to riding at that speed! Got to be some reason! Send Mladin back home! OK if he pulls a Jeff Gordon or Tony "Win em all" this time!  Who is 2nd & 3rd makes it interesting. He is Awsom! I was hoping he would go to GP, now Rossi is going to 4 wheels!!? Anyway i guess its getting away from those Crocks. Remember we all ride Bandits!!!  Fosters for beer"   :beers:

Offline wizud

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 06:13:53 AM »
Quite simply Daytona- we're better than you! [just kidding] I think we are just lucky enough to have our part of the gene pool contain a large amount of talented riders. Wait till Chris Vermuelen gets to Motogp! We also have a couple of other very talented youngsters on the way up. Remember the name Josh Brookes. :motorsmile:
If you can't ride today, try and have a good day anyway!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 07:39:43 AM »
I think it's just a matter of timing - I can vaguely remember a time when if you weren't a yank you didn't get decent ride.

And, if you go back even further it was the Poms that were winning everything.

Although, I do think that it is partly due to the fact that because we don't have the sponsorship dollars downunder a rider has to be even better to get the international rides - he can't simply buy his way into a team.

Don't just remember the name Josh Brookes, there's a young fella from WA, Staring who I think is going to do some big things in the future.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 07:40:41 AM »
Oh I forgot, you'd be surprised as to how many Aussies DON'T drink Fosters.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 08:20:15 AM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"
Oh I forgot, you'd be surprised as to how many Aussies DON'T drink Fosters.

Who? What? Just kiding.
I remember that shyte. (Fosters) :gagme:
Isn't it the shyte no one here drinks, so to get rid of the crap, we sell it to the yanks and poms. :toofunny:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 11:41:32 AM »
Quote from: "daytona"
Not To swell your ED's "Ay" (ok enough) What makes you OZy's seem to be up front and breaking away on so many races. Are you used to riding em like you stole em? :roll:  Just kidding! Do you have more places you can get used to riding at that speed! Got to be some reason! Send Mladin back home! OK if he pulls a Jeff Gordon or Tony "Win em all" this time!  Who is 2nd & 3rd makes it interesting. He is Awsom! I was hoping he would go to GP, now Rossi is going to 4 wheels!!? Anyway i guess its getting away from those Crocks. Remember we all ride Bandits!!!  Fosters for beer"   :beers:

9/7
Ok maybe being a feisty bunch helps!!  :stickpoke: But on a more serious note, I read on this site, where you Blokes seem to have more chances for  track time, for much less per hour etc, than any but the big sponsored riders here. Like you said the have's, have a leg up on the have not's! But one needs to know they have the talent before they can hone it to lead a race like the Mladin's , Chris Vermuelen, or up & coming Josh Brookes! My son is a surfin Junky, and pretty good at it, but wouldn't be if we lived say in Arizona! Can it be we yanks have lawyers that will sue for almost anything as long as the $$ are there, liability insurance has made it sad over here. Yep i know what your sayin about the fosters! Got Bud over there? Becks? Hey i work for an Oz'y Corp. does that count? :beers:  :motorsmile:

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 05:22:05 AM »
Daytona my good man, what an oz company has survied over there?, quick send it back we need it. :grin:
Now back to the talent, I don't know what it is, maybe bikes are more excepted over here.  Its usual to find kids in a paddock around 1 bike all having turn around some imaginary track or course. But I think you hit the nail on the head about lawyers. But don't worry its getting that way here now. Lawyers are like ferral cats, they need a good culling, :gatlin  before they F*#* everything for everybody.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline RUSS M8

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 07:55:46 AM »
I think a lot of the reason is kids in paddocks on minibikes.  Then the go to the local dirt track, then when they are 16 or whatever they have a go at road racing, and it goes from there I spose.
That's impressive,
and I'm not easily impressed.

Look, a blue car!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 08:03:28 AM »
Got Bud over there? Becks?

Yep, we've got Bud and Becks, we've also got Corona, various Stouts and Guiness, but one of my favourite beers is Nastro Azura (one of Rossi's sponsors).

Mick's right, if there's a paddock then there's kids riding dirt bikes.

Our track days are getting numbered due to public liability insurance, and are fine unless you're like me and the closet track is 2 to 3 hours away down a boring flat straight hwy, jeez I hate living in the bush sometimes. But then I just think of 'GODS' road and the Snowy Mountains and back roads that the cops don't even bother about - shyte I'll have to take out a small overdraft to pay for the fuel on the next ride.....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline rorym

• TURBO TYPER!
Ello "G" DAY OZ'ys
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 12:32:55 AM »
Its a culture thing, we get our kids on dirt bikes early, they learn to slide on dirt then just transfer the mental state to the bitumen. Working for Dunlop M/C Racing many moons ago we slotted a great little short circuit rider (dirt tracker to the yanks) on a new TZ250 GP bike at his local track. Never ridden a road bike before, we had a great tutor with us (Warrem Willing-now with KTM) and in 3 hours this 15 y.o. was 1 sec under the outright 250cc lap record.!! ..Name?.... Darryl Beattie. Doohan at 17 was the same, 250cc Production bikes then Warren slotted him on a 750cc super bike and he smoked the field, and the rest is history. Mick actually said later that day at Symmons Plains that no one told him he wasn't supposed to win! Lol. Mick is correct tho, Vermuelan is the next star, Corser is just an old stager doing at his pace smoking the kids, Mladin is going to get another 25 titles in the US and then retire and as the others say...watch out for the 300 others here that are better working their way up!! :banana:
Rory
The Older I get, The Faster I used to Be.