Author Topic: REDBACK ONCE BITTEN RALLY - 2009  (Read 12068 times)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
REDBACK ONCE BITTEN RALLY - 2009
« on: February 19, 2009, 01:21:03 AM »
ok people, The Once Bitten Rally is on again.  Weekend of 13, 14, 15 March 2009.  Same place, same shit. Oh except this year the bar won't be open 24hrs.  Apparantly the local (Tarcutta) coppers and the Wagga Licencing Squad have said NO!!!!!!!

However, that doesn't stop you from buying some take aways and drinking them around the campsite - I was going to say "around the fire" but in light of what has happened in Vic recently I doubt we'll be allowed to have fires, but that will depend on the weather.

Oh for those who don't know where it is, it's at Humula about 25km from Tarcutta, it'll be signposted.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Re: REDBACK ONCE BITTEN RALLY - 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:37:39 AM »
And a little birdie tells me there is a double reason to party hearty :yikes:, Janice's birthday, gee thats been a well kept secret, till now
might have to save a little bit of room in the saddle bags, for a bottle or 2, of yarra valleys finest drops of red ned........ :evil1:

Anyway just finished giving both bikes the once over, and service stuff, might even start packing, the saddlebags couriertub etc etc etc,  :duh: one day I'm gonna work out a way that the minister can have the kitchen sink......
But itill mean I need to get a Leadwing with a trailer.....
Did I tell ya I've been offered a leadwing at a real good price, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: me thinking shyte I wonder what sort of a streetfighter it would make :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:23:05 PM by B6mick »
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 05:01:35 AM »
Actually, the Rally has always been very close to Janices b'day, we've just managed to keep it somewhat quiet.  Oh just a heads up, Janice doesn't drink red, she prefers white.  I on the other hand will drink nearly anything that doesn't taste like shyte.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 05:10:34 AM »
A cheeky white it is. :bigok:

yeh I'll say you both kept that under the hat pretty well,

With a very evil grin, ask Janice, What's it worth to keep me big mouth shut, shyte me trying to extort your Missus. I already know the answer :no-no:, whats a smack in the mouth :boxer: worth. :duh:

Zip being sawn into mouth as I type

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:54 AM »
Ok things are a bit stressfull this minute. I went out to the b6 to do the checks so donna was right for work tomorrow as a bike courier, and the electrics are fried, there is nothing no lights idiot lights.
I made a ignition switch bypass, and still nothing, yet the Battery shows a healthy 13.4 votes.
I think I've nailed it down to the solnoid, So the B6 is off the road till I can get one, hoping good old Mick Hone will see me though, otherwise our weekend trip is F*#*ed :duh:
Cross ya fingers.

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »
Good old Mick Hone had the part, bit pricey mind you $104.00 Aus,
Got home fitted it up same problem Oh no.....
Fulled the whole loom apart :duh: found a dozen or so problems, fixed them all still same problem, disconnected the load side lead to the starter at the solinod, bingo, starter...... grrrrrrrr.
Mind you I shouldn't bitch 135 thousand K's on the clock spent more than half its life as a courier bike, just why now pooh pooh pooh., Next Monday would have been just fine. :banghead:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 06:00:26 AM »
Well, after all the problems you and Donna made it to the Rally.

We had over 100 bikers and pillions show up, even though some of them rode fully enclosed 'quadracycles', and it was certainly an eventfull event.

Friday -
Mick and Donna nearly didn't make it because of the B6 had 'ran out of electricity'.  But after a repack of Rex and a phone call to "The Treasurer" (from now on to be called "the ambo" - see below) and I packed our second tent so they'd have some shelter.

I arrived at Humula during a small shower that turned a bit heavy just as I was putting the tent up, fortunately the inside only got a little wet.

One of the locals called by to ask for some help, one of her heffers had got it's head stuck in some corragated iron blocking the hay shed.  After a little effort we rescued said heffer, and upon returning to the rally site we proclaimed to one and all that we'd rescued a "long horn steer", some believed us other called it bullshit.

One of the rally goers was having a particularly good and very loud time, much to the annoyance of everyone else at 4:00am.  At one point he yelled out something about breaking his leg, we just ignored him.

Saturday
a couple of people showed up on Trikes, one of them on a VW powered Trike wished he hadn't.  Apparantly the electronic ignition failed and he spent most of the day converting it back to points.

The bloke that had declared that he had broken his leg decided that he really should go to hospital, as it turned out "the treasurer" was the only person sober enough to drive, so she kindly drove the bloke to hospital at around 2:00pm, she didn't get back until 8:00pm -what a birthday present for her.  Oh and for the record he had broken his lower tibia and upper fibia.

While she was away, we had not one but 2 storms, one of which caused a black out, and a BMW rider broke down less than 15km from the rally site - probably got water into places water shouldn't be, and we had to go and rescue him, his was very appreciative and our Presidant didn't buy very many drinks that night.  Unfortunately we couldn't get the bike going and on Sunday he was waiting for a mate from Sydney to arrive with a trailer.

Other than that it was a typical 'Once Bitten Rally', a good time was had by all, even those with broken bikes and bodies and we're looking forward to next year.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:49:23 AM »
Hats off to the Red Backs for once again putting on the best little rally in Oz... Its kinda like that once a year family thing, the difference being most of the regulars, you do actually like.

Hmmm the B6 did lets us down tut tut, first time for everything, and we still aint figured what the hell has happened. Kinda tinking I must have parked it to close to a truimph, the prince of darkness has waved his wand at the Bandit. :banghead:

Oh yeh this shyte falling from the sky :stickpoke: WTF is it :duh:

I know was just kidding, but who ever washed their bike, keep doing it till I say stop.