Author Topic: Redback Tourers Once Bitten Rally.  (Read 3763 times)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Redback Tourers Once Bitten Rally.
« on: January 05, 2007, 02:26:24 AM »
Yes folks it's on again....

Friday March 16th to Sunday March 18th
Humula Citizens Sports Club, Humula, NSW, 25km South of Tarcutta (No Dirt).

ENTRY: $15 at the gate, limited badges,
Licensed club, catering, toilets & showers.
Gymkhana, Awards, Raffles, Entertainment.

I don't think there is catering on the Friday - although the Pub will have Pies etc.  Oh and the little shop across the road has shut down, which means there's no fuel in Humula either.

The entertainment is a Juke Box and ALL the 'characters' that attend - Paki, Mudguard, Septic etc etc etc.....

B6Mick, 'The Minisiter of War', 'The Treasurer' and myself will be doing a 'quick' run into Tumut, via 'Gods Road' and back on the Saturday.

Which reminds me, I'd better do a couple of reccy rides before hand....

Sorry Mick - No dogs or attitudes.

It's not a bad rally, relatively small and being at a Pub there's plenty of BEER.

If you want a map send me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »
Bummer on 2 parts, the little shop closing down, they were the post office to which we sent all our camping gear too, shyte will have to carry it all. shucks bumber :duh:
No bandit, (The Dog) hmmmmm guess he'll have to get over it then, cause we aint missing the rally. See Ya friday arvo, night. (For Pies, Beers, and a efen good time)

The entertainment is a Juke Box and ALL the 'characters' that attend - Paki, Mudguard, Septic etc etc etc.....

And Sarg and Nigel and shall I go on?

B6Mick, 'The Minisiter of War', 'The Treasurer' and myself will be doing a 'quick' run into Tumut, via 'Gods Road' and back on the Saturday.

Quick run to Tumut, is there something you aint telling us, Like there is a slow run to tumut.

Which reminds me, I'd better do a couple of reccy rides before hand....

Like you need an excuse to do gods road a couple of times before the rally :duh: and you call me a bastard for having 10 days up at maggie island. :stickpoke:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:15:08 AM »
You could try ringing the Sports Club and finding out if there is another alternative for your gear.

their phone number is (02) 6928 9204
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 05:51:54 AM »
Cheers. But this year I think we will just suffer, and carry the stuff. The Little shop was great as they was the post office, getting our stuff up there is not the problem it is getting it back. So its out to the shed and dig out the saddle bags, Top bags, or the old M/Cycle courier tubs, and tank bags.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:09:01 AM »
I'll double, tripple check to make sure that no-one has bought the shop since I was last up there.  I'll let you know as soon as I can....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:10:34 AM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"
I'll double, tripple check to make sure that no-one has bought the shop since I was last up there.  I'll let you know as soon as I can....

Thats ok Aussie, I'm sure thats all the excuse you need to do that recon run, or 2 or 3 :bigok:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 06:38:12 AM »
Quote from: "B6mick"

Thats ok Aussie, I'm sure thats all the excuse you need to do that recon run, or 2 or 3 :bigok:

Actually, I was going to ring them, but know that you mention it, I may as well take a run up there....if I can find the time

Don't ask - work - averaging 50hr weeks - and I don't do weekends.....
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 06:51:23 AM »
Hope ya paid well, I thought it was just self employed D---heads, like me who put 50+ hrs per week. Speaking of which, had no takers on the knox run we have for sale, and we don't want to miss out on the Albary run, so it looks like we will have to employ someone to cover the knox run till it sells, or if we find someone good, what I means is someone who don't run it into the ground and actually gives a hoot, we may end up keeping it forthe kids to run into the ground :duh:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
Not particularly - mind you that depends on your point of view.

If you're used to getting $20k per year, then yes I am well paid.  However, if you're on $50k then, no I'm not. And I'm on salary so no overtime....

Fortunately I've got a reasonable boss.  If I want half a day, I get half a day - no sick leave used and no holidays used.

When I do take leave, he insits that I only turn the phone on 2-3 times a day to check messages - he's even been known to ring me to make sure, and gets really pissed off if I 'dial' into the companies network and reply to emails when I'm supposed to be at my brothers 50th birthday....

Mind you, he also expects that if there's work to be done, that it gets done.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 06:05:40 AM »
Phew :lol: , finally sorted, out a releif driver for the friday before the rally :banana: So as normal The Minister and I will leave Melb mid friday, to be at the site sometime between 4pm and 6pm, see ya there, if we beat you I'll be the one proping up the bar :lol: . A hard earned ride :motorsmile:  should always be followed by a hard earned beer, or 6 or 7. :beers:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 07:50:22 AM »
Cool,

The Treasurer and I have taken the Friday off, but won't be leaving home until after around 4pm.  We've got to drop the youngest off at a baby sitters then we can leave.  

We should be up there by about 6pm ourselves.  This year I'm camping down the bottom. Phuck getting woken up by dickheads throwing up as they stagger out of the pub, at 4:00am, then deciding "I'm really pissed off with the world, I'm going to start my bike rev the crap out of it, have a yelling match with some sheila, take off down the road, crash, walk back, fall asleep outside this blokes tent and snore my phucking head of all night"
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 05:39:03 AM »
Cool,

This year I'm camping down the bottom. Phuck getting woken up by dickheads throwing up as they stagger out of the pub, at 4:00am, then deciding "I'm really pissed off with the world, I'm going to start my bike rev the crap out of it, have a yelling match with some sheila, take off down the road, crash, walk back, fall asleep outside this blokes tent and snore my phucking head of all night"

Phuck me I didn't play up that hard last year, did I?.
Must have I guess, cause I don't remember doing none of that shyte. :duh:  Our quite little corner of the camp site seems to attract, a more civil type, if you don't count septic, sarg, mudguard and lady, or as the minister calls them mudgutz and the betta half, then there's myself, and the minister. Hmmm the top car park don't look to bad now does it? :beers:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 05:57:17 AM »
Quote from: "B6mick"
Cool,

This year I'm camping down the bottom. Phuck getting woken up by dickheads throwing up as they stagger out of the pub, at 4:00am, then deciding "I'm really pissed off with the world, I'm going to start my bike rev the crap out of it, have a yelling match with some sheila, take off down the road, crash, walk back, fall asleep outside this blokes tent and snore my phucking head of all night"

Phuck me I didn't play up that hard last year, did I?.
Must have I guess, cause I don't remember doing none of that shyte. :duh:  Our quite little corner of the camp site seems to attract, a more civil type, if you don't count septic, sarg, mudguard and lady, or as the minister calls them mudgutz and the betta half, then there's myself, and the minister. Hmmm the top car park don't look to bad now does it? :beers:

Trust me, with the some of the dicks that piss fart around up the top, I'd rather share a tent with Paki - well maybe not - but you get the idea.

No seriously, last year some knob got rather too pissed, and got pissed off with someone, one of the locals I think, and decided that he'd rather leave.  After some argueing with another Rally attendee, he decided that he'd ride home.  Apparantly he got 5km down the road and went down the road.  Then staggered back to Humula and fell asleep near my tent and snored for the rest of the night.

The bottom end has a much nicer class of drunked.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 01:53:37 AM »
Well another Once Bitten Rally has come and gone.

Too sum it up....

We had around 30 people on Friday night - that's roughly double the usual amount.  Around another 50 showed up on Saturday.

The drought decided to break on Friday Night - jeez I hate it when your sleeping bag gets wet, not to mention the inside of the tent.

We didn't do the 'Gods Road' run - too wet equals to dangerous.

What was surprising though was that by Saturday arvo you couldn't tell it'd rained at all.

Other than that it was a great weekend.  Lots of alcohol was consumed - some consumed so much they had it coming out their mouths - not a pleasant sight first thing in the morning.

The Z Owners Club took out most of the awards.  And for a change Sarg only won 2 raffle prizes.

Paki won the slow race again :duh:  - how someone who drinks so much and rides a Harley can ride so slow without falling off has got me phucked...

Hey Mick did you let Donna know that she missed out on Longest distance female - that'll teach her for getting all maternal and going home early.

The 'Treasurer' wasn't feeling real well so wasn't going to go.  But after an emergancy phone home for fresh clothes, she kindly drove up with a spare pair of jeans.  Unfortunately my 7 year old Draggin Jeans developed a rather large tear in the thigh and ultimately got sacrificed to the 'bike gods' on Sunday morning.  The denim burnt really well, but the kevlar took a while to get going - Rally Hint 1 - don't burn kevlar lined jeans - the smell is not pleasant.

Other than the weather on Friday night (can't be helped) the only thing that really dissapointed me was the food on Saturday.  I think we may have to have a word with the Humula people and get the standard back to what it was a couple of years ago. The Treasurer and I are seriously contemplating getting a trailer and taking our own food and grog.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 06:59:03 AM »
Congrats to the Redbacks, and the good folk of Humula for once again a great event, even if the big fella up stairs decided to try and break the drought, now that I’m home I can let him know it was a piss poor attempt. Mind you I was cursing Friday morning when we left good old down town Melb. After no more than 1 mile we where both soaked. But we soldiered on, by Seymour we where riding in sun shine, and both totally dry an hour later. We ran into the Z riders about 40 miles out from the rally. So the minister and I pushed hard to get there first and get a good spot to set up. Bugger letting mudgutz and co have all the good spots. Yes Mick the minister was told of her piss poor attempt, going home Saturday morning costing her an award. But she did shock me by saying I should stay and kick back :shock:  A very uneventful and boring ride home till I made a slight detour:grin: Now I can say the front and rear treads are totally plucked, and well lets just say that fork seal, is really bad now, oil all over the disc, and pads, made for an interesting moment or 2
Hanging out for the next.