Author Topic: sv650  (Read 3198 times)

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
sv650
« on: August 20, 2007, 06:07:03 AM »
an elderly friend has purchased an sv 650....does anybody knowif there is a similar site to this ,that i can advise him to look at for his interest...cheers slo coach....another 6 weeks and its across the ditch to Phillip Island,then 7 days with the bikes in Tasmania this year,can't wait,got a Triumph Tiger from the rental company this year,should BE fine???

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
sv650
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:32:51 AM »
You will love Tassie mate. :motorsmile:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
sv650
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
I've no experience with either of these, but try:

http://www.sv650.org/ and http://www.svrider.com/
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
sv650
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 05:03:41 AM »
Bring your rods and reels slo. The great lakes, to which you have to travel great roads :wink: and lake pedder even better roads, are well stocked with Aust best trout.
And if ya like a bit of the tight stuff, Nth East coast St Helens to Scottsdale, Bloody brillant, but don't be suprised if you get blown off by some L or P plater on a 250.
The minister and I did Tassie over 2 weeks at christmas, a couple of years back. Logging truckers go on holidays. Beware, loggers don't give 2 shytes for riders.

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
sv650
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:06:18 AM »
thanks for the tips..i just bought the Australian Motorcycle Atlas..its got 100 of Australias best rides in it,with 16 on Tassie,so we are working out where to go and what to see now,i had to laugh about being overtaken by a 250...we like to think we keep up a good pace,and the old boys i go with had bike shops years ago,and raced with crosbey in aus 30 years ago,we were going as fast as we could from the top of the mountain at Hotham 2 years ago,down to Bright at the bottom,and no shit ,we still laugh about it,we all got wasted by a local on a Virago 250,casually sitting back as he road around us all   cheers slo

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
sv650
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:19:13 AM »
I totally cooked my brakes on the old FJ12, trying not to be creamed by the minister and her friend both of them on 250cc across's, both on L plates, not good for the male ego, at the pub that night. :sad:  :annoy:  But a great ride all the same, only after I'd let the brakes cool down for half an hour or so.

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
sv650
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:13:38 AM »
Hey Slo, this ones a good one too.
http://www.bitchnbitumen.com.au/
The Book is great, Dave from krooztune lent me his over a weekend, better than the Aust motorcyle atlas, but the aust M/C atlas has been part of my touring kit now for 5 maybe 6 years.

And as much as it near makes me projectile vomit, to even link someone to netriders, heres a good link to touring tassie. Why projectile vomit, both Vic and Jason, the gods of shyteriders, are of the lowest order of shyte. But anyway here is a very useful link.
http://www.netrider.net.au/articles/Road_guide_Tasmania.pdf

And of course we will have to make sure we catch up, before you catch the boat, for a coffee of course :grin:

And watch out for the barman at the rear deck bar, the bugger keeps ya there all bloody night, and then at 5;00am smiles at ya and says we will be docking in an hour.

We don't remember to much of the trip over there, we crashed in the car park where the boat docks, as not to get done for DUI, smashed rotten and the buggers name was Mick :wink:
 :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :duh:

But one thing we noted was the total lack to corner speed advisory signs, a couple of times, although not speeding, we found ourselves out of the comfort zone, and in the oh shyte zone, you know the ever tightening blind, drop away type corners. Just glad we were not really cooking along, the outcome would not have been pretty.