Author Topic: 2007 BOSS Spring Rally?  (Read 45545 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 12:19:55 AM »
Rescued from the other board:

speedytriple Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 am    

ok so for now we have: kent, roamr, gary, daytona, atleast 2 more riders from ohio, myself. riders arriving at t.w.o. weds the 16th and staying thru sunday. so we got 2 busa's, 2 buells, a fjr, and a triple, heck of a bandit rally huh?! LOL come on guys there has to be some bandits there. we all use to own bandits but that doenst make it a BANDIT rally. sure more will pop up before time to ride. i'm sure there will be some of the robinson crew there.

doublenaughtspy Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:15 am

Post subject: LEO Activity  

Man, I thought this site was gone for good! That was a close one. Pete, if you can still hear us...hope you are doing alright out there. Hope to see you in May if I can get there myself. I figured I better let you guys in on the local news. About 2-3 weeks ago I saw I blurb on the local news here in ATL regarding all the problems in the N.GA area with speeding sportbikes and all the fatality accidents. Of course it seemed a bit skewed, but it seems the Highway Patrol is working with the local police and deputies to curb the problem...whatever that means. I spoke with some friends in the law enforcement community up there and they are aware of the concerted efforts, but couldn't give any details as to how it was going down. Just be aware that they are stepping up their efforts and will most likely be out in force on the weekends. I'll post more as I hear more. cop

banditnek Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:20 am    

Post subject: Rally    

Doublenaught, Good to here from you & thanks for the info. There have been postings on different sites for awhile talking about stepped up law enforcement in the whole Gap & north Ga. area. The guy with all the local road info was wrecker, he was at the spring rally at BRMC last year. I haven't seen him on the board in awhile. And where oh where is Pete? Bantana have you talked to him lately? Pete we miss you!

Daytona Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 am    

thanks to those who fixed the site beers Anyone got a good map of the area? Helps with the plans if we have any!

Sandman9270 Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:09 pm    

Hey! I live in NOrth GA. Currently own a totally stock 600s (1st and 6th bike!). There are plenty of other roads around TWO that are generally LEO free! Fort Mountain is practically in my backyard and is 22 miles of switchbacks and hairpins. There's highway 28. Wolf Pen Gap loop is good. There is def more to life than "the hill" aka the Dragon which is too crowded now on the weekend anyway.
I'm definitely down for going, just have to check on the week. I am in the market for an aftermarket pipe and I would love it if some Bandit owner's with AM pipes would show up!
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2007, 06:36:42 AM »
Hey Daytona, the back of the van is definatly a option.
  As far as maps,A local Wallmart should carry topos in the state of your choice. I was going to keep my eyes open for one on my way once I got into NC or GA. (thats if I can make it anyhow)  :beers:

Offline DragonRider

• TURBO TYPER!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
what's the "usual way to the dragon from Suches; Wolf pen? :motorsmile:

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Lodging
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
We have had no luck getting any reply from TWO for lodging. I have reserved bunkhouse #1 at the High valley Resort, TWO's old airport campground, and Roamr has reserved bunkhouse #2. Isn't this where you Robinsons guys are staying? So it looks like the Ohio riders will be there and not at TWO. High Valley resort has a site , just google it to find it and check it out.  We are planning on arriving Weds. afternoon and leaving sometime Sunday. I will try to bring something for a raffle. The 1st Bandit Alley Rally or BAR is on! See you there! :banana:  :beers:  :motorsmile:
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Lodging
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
="banditnek"]We have had no luck getting any reply from TWO for lodging. I have reserved bunkhouse #1 at the High valley Resort, TWO's old airport campground, and Roamr has reserved bunkhouse #2. Isn't this where you Robinsons guys are staying? So it looks like the Ohio riders will be there and not at TWO. High Valley resort has a site , just google it to find it and check it out.  We are planning on arriving Weds. afternoon and leaving sometime Sunday. I will try to bring something for a raffle. The 1st Bandit Alley Rally or BAR is on! See you there! :banana:  :beers:  :motorsmile:
Hey I don't know 4 sure where the Robinson Riders & I are going to roost, 4 sure! but i think its a diff spot than High Valley? They are A great bunch but i'd hate to have to whoop"em" all from talkin out of line! Which would be tiring @my age.  :stfu:  :motorsmile:

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Staying at the...
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2007, 08:20:54 PM »
Suches Valley Cabin, http://www.jwww.com/suchesvalley/
one mile from TWO on 180.  We've stayed there twice before.  Not sure how many Robinson Riders will be there this time.  We'll try to bring items for the raffle too! :bigok:

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline FONDON

• Board Regular!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2007, 01:25:24 PM »
Soooo, am I to be the only Bandit Rider, at the Bandit Rally?  It's a well know fact that WE are the great Individualist.  Just kidding guys, Plan on being there, going to call TWO April 1, I don't think they have opened yet.  Roamer, I will try to make sure the headers are clean on the lady this year.

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Not the only BANDIT...
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »
Fondon, I'll be on my Bandit as well of course.  By the way, hit 60,000 miles on the speddo the other day. :bomb:

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2007, 11:29:50 PM »
ah crap i better go and get a rain suit now if fondon is coming?!  :stickpoke:  hey if thing work out we might have an extra bed in one of the bunk houses? we have one guy who showed interest and said he was going but has not confirmed. so looks like we have: the ohio guys showing up weds at high valley resort staying in bunk houses 1and 2. the robinson clan staying just down the road about 2 tenth of a mile. and fondon staying? i think there are a few more bunk houses left to rent at high valley. it is the old air port camp ground from t.w.o. looks like we have about 10 bikes give or take coming so far. my bike is in the shop getting tires and a chain and sprocket set put on now. get it back just in time to clean it up and scrub in the tires for the rally.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Other cabins
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2007, 05:35:40 PM »
For those who still need accomodations  :annoy: or a place to stay, here's a page with all or nearly all: http://www.suchescabinrentals.com/   :welcome:

:motorsmile:

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2007, 12:59:35 AM »
from that link rob there is a link for the high valley resort so it must be walking distence to the cabin you all have. cant wait to ride, got the time off work. bike will be ready next week. looking to get one or two last things and i'm ready.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Can't wait!
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2007, 08:33:52 PM »
It's gonna be great, Speedy! :motorsmile: Sure glad you can make it!  Looks like only 3 Robinson Riders this year + Reggie (He's still in his "trial" period - HaHa.) :bigok:  :lol:

Anybody doing some routes?

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2007, 10:20:31 PM »
So after reading through 5 pages it seems the BAR is more like a gathering of just about every brand on the road except Bandits...

Since nothing looks official I can safely say that I "may" be in the area during the week as I make a loop on my way to ST.N Eastern gathering in Sparta, NC May 18-20.

And yes, I will be riding a Bandit!

Now where to stay...
Paul D.
04 GSF1200S (Charcoal Grey)
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2007, 02:43:40 AM »
its been a while for me i know. i am open to loops to ride i forgot most of them now anyway. i have been looking on some site and have found a few loops from 180 to the gap and back. and also to the skyway and back. i'll ride anywhere there are curves. if one of our people has his way he want to take side roads all the way down from ohio :shock:  would be a long ride down but more fun then slab the whole way there. he said something about rt 16? think it starts in W.V. ? and runs into N.C. hes checking into it now. if this is in your neck of the woods heaven you could tag along with us on the ride down. there is plenty of room at high valley it looks like still. if not there is t.w.o. and some other places close by. and we all USE to ride bandits at one time or another. there might be 3 bandits there so they will outnumber most of the other bikes there. looks like so far 3-4 bandits, 2 buells, 2 busas, a sv, and a triple, all we need is for someone to show up on a single and we will have most of the bikes covered. it will be here before ya know it, once i get my bike back and scrub the tires in i'll be ready.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2007, 07:36:53 PM »
Rt 16 out the southern end of the state is worth the trip through the slums to get to it.  I rode it last year on my way to Hungry Mother State Park and just about got knocked over by the high winds near the state line.  I definitely want to hit it again.

As for the rest of the trip, no real route plan to get to the Gap, but will take the BRP from there to Sparta on Thursday or Friday.

I hope to know more about my schedule next week so that I can start thinking about lodging/camping.
Paul D.
04 GSF1200S (Charcoal Grey)
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.