Author Topic: 2007 BOSS Spring Rally?  (Read 45811 times)

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
BAR
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2007, 08:59:36 AM »
Rt. 16 is a nice road hit it last fall on my BRP trip. The rally is not the Bandit Owners Southern Stampede, not enough Bandits to call it that. It's the Bandit Alley Rally,  Bandit alley riders that used to own Bandits & met through Bandit Alley.
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: BAR
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2007, 09:33:58 AM »
Quote from: "banditnek"
Rt. 16 is a nice road hit it last fall on my BRP trip. The rally is not the Bandit Owners Southern Stampede, not enough Bandits to call it that. It's the Bandit Alley Rally,  Bandit alley riders that used to own Bandits & met through Bandit Alley.

How about O.B.A.M.A. ?? Old Bandit Alley Motorcycle  Association!  Ok i didn't think so! It is kinds catchy though? I know I've heard that name B4! Over in IRAQ maybe! :annoy:  :shock:  :lol:  :stfu:  :taz:

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Count & Raffle
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2007, 01:54:05 PM »
:?: Is there a way we can get a count of who is coming and who wants to participate in a raffle?

COUNT
Rob Robinson
Bear Robinson
Grant Robinson
Reggie Frank

RAFFLE
Rob, but I could forgo if interest is low! :annoy:  :shrug:

Anyway, it's gonna be fun!  :singing:

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »
I'm still just a maybe, but if I can make it I'll bring raffle stuff.  Dan

Offline KitD

• Board Regular!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »
Would it be okay if 2 more (riding Bandits  :grin: ) came to this party? Larry (my better half) and I would like to join in for a bit. We live close by, so I doubt we'll be staying overnight, but would love to tag along for some rides. Oh, for whoever it was a couple of pages ago wanting to hear them, we both have AM pipes. His is a WileyCo and mine is a Holeshot. They harmonize in second gear quite well. The weekend was May 18-20, and basecamp will be TWO, right? Is anyone going to post times to meet or general trip plans so those of us that would be there for the day can catch up to you guys? We haven't been to a BOSS since the infamous "wheels of death" made their appearance. What was that 2002?
KitD
01 B12s

Offline FONDON

• Board Regular!
GOT A SPOT
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »
TWO Resort is full for the weekend of the Rally.  Just made reservations at HIGH VALLEY RESORT, bunk house #3 for May 18, & 19. Lady said they had one more bunkhouse left.

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
Its going to be Kent, Mike, Jim and myself arriving may 16th weds probably around dinner time. We'll settle in a get something to eat and commence to drinking. Imformal rides will start to materialize thur morn for all day excursions to be back at TWO for dinner. Were all staying at Highvalley resort until Sun morn. We have bunkhouse 1 and 2 reserved. If you plan on arriving during the day we'll probably be out already. Good time to catch us will be morn before the rides or at dusk for dinner and partying. All are welcome,,,,,,,always have been. Were a very non particular bunch. :grin:  I plan on bringing somethiing for the raffle if it happens. If its your first rally, prepare for some fun. We normally get up in the morns, eat, settle in to riding groups based on site goals for the day. We normally have a group for site seeing, a group that rides a spirited pace, and a group that likes to tear up the twisties. So feel no pressure, we have groups for everyone.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »
yep what roamr said. i have some old bandit stuff laying around i will donate. i think i have one pair of front ebc brake pads(i know you need 2 for the front but hey there doing me no good) and i think i got some other stuff i dont need i could donate. if this snow ever melts here in ohio. just got a fresh foot of snow out this way. hope it gets warm soon. the wheels of death was in 02 at the sanran motel. i still have photos of poor mike post brawl with the scooter. smile on his face and all even with road rash. we could leave a list for contacts on the bunk house like pete use to. it was a sheet with info with where we were riding for the day. time we left, planned stops. and et for a time home. he also posted some cell phone numbers on the sheet of people leading group rides. we could do the same.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Get the feelin...!!
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2007, 06:32:07 PM »
:toocool: I'm feeling it's gonna be a great BAR 2007 and I'm solid with Roamer and Mike's comments just above. :beers:

We may be in Wednesday afternoon - if you come by the Suches Valley cabin on 180 just up the road from TWO and see bikes, stop in!

I'm working on raffle items :deal: too.  What about the proceeds going in on party money? :singing:   And does anyone have access to those tickets Pete used to have?  Maybe everyone who brings something for the raffle ought to get some tickets free...?

The Robinson Riders are in the twisties group.  :burnout:

Can't wait to see and ride with you guys!

Rob[/b]
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline Auggie

• Board Regular!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:06 PM »
I am another maybe. Got to finish putting the bike back together after a disagreement with an unmovable object :duh: last fall. I have nice pair of deer skin glove to throw into the raffle. Now i just need to start looking for a place to stay.
'87 SRX 250 (gone)
'87 Radian 600 (sold)
'01 Bandit 1200S Red... cause red is faster :motorsmile:

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
LEOs
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2007, 12:50:30 PM »
No new information on the law enforcement efforts.  Just keep getting told the same thing; they are ramping up efforts and doing traffic checkpoints.  I'll post more as I know it.  Seems www.tailofthedragon.com has great up-to-date info on the NC roads.  Happy hunting.

'Spy

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2007, 12:14:47 AM »
thanks spy for the updates. thats why we plan on doing the gap on thurs hopefully. less traffic to deal with. i am sure looking foward to this rally. just got the bike back this week, rode it home from my buddies shop was 38 out. sunny 38 but 50 miles in it was still cold. pilot powers seem real sticky. nice to have fresh rubber on the triple again. now if the weather would break to scrub them in. if people are looking for places to stay check with http://www.highvalleyresort.com/links.htm this is where the ohio guys are staying, and i beleive fondon is there also. only 31 days left till we ride down. :clap:
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline DRUIDRIDER

• Board Regular!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
:iddi:

So when have we never had to worry about cops?  I remember the helicopters on the Cherohalla in '02 heh,heh.

Whoooooosh!
RIDE FAST,
NO FEAR,
STAY ALIVE!

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Bad boys, bad boys....
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »
Hey Spy, I just heard a bunch of guys from another BB are going to ride from Suches to Atlanta every day that weekend starting Thursday via the closest I75 entrance to see who can get there fastest.  The winner each day gets dinner in Dahlonega (sp?)

Sure glad we go slow!!

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
LEO
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »
LMAO  That should draw attention away from us ol' fogies, eh?  I'm sure the weekdays will be pretty much business as usual up there, but the renewed interest caused a stir in the local news a few weeks ago.  Maybe it was just a "photo-opp" for the locals to get in the news.  I haven't heard any first-hand anicdotals regarding anything new in the area...no helos, no blacked-out james bond crap, no LEO Bandits.  And maybe they're waitin for the weather to break. Who knows?  But I'll keep an ear on the tracks for the train anyway.  I might even get to make a daytrip up for some fun. (There...I jinxed it) :duh: