Author Topic: Riding in? Gear to wear and bring for safety and comfort!  (Read 5820 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Riding in? Gear to wear and bring for safety and comfort!
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:56:44 PM »

We may see temperatures ranging from the 40's, up to the 70's in the course of a days riding.

Of course, you want to carry rain gear!

Bring some stuff to layer on under your riding clothes if it gets cool.
  With some overcast skies, and higher altitudes.....it  can get cool pretty fast.

With any luck, we won't be out after dark.

If for some reason a bike breaks down, it may be a while before you can be 'rescued'.
   Carry some water, snacks, and a flashlight to identify creatures in the dark that may be sneaking up on you, on the side of the road.......while you're out there.....all alone. :stickpoke:

A good idea if you're camping, is to bring some lightweight comfortable shoes, and maybe some shorts to slip into at night around the campground.

Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:12:08 PM »
Poor pete didn't follow his own advice, all he had was a light jacket. I bet you were cold huh pete? :stickpoke:

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:56:49 AM »
I ended up putting on my rain jacket to keep warm yesterday.
  It was cool......but sunny.
  The temps are supposed to be warmer next week, but still bring stuff to ride in 40 degree temps, if needed. :duh:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline GaryB12VA

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 05:12:45 PM »
Long range forecast looks pretty good right now for next Wed - Fri. Low 50 degrees, highs mid-70s. 10-20% chance of rain
'06 FJR 1300A

"The person who says it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person who is doing it"