Author Topic: BOSS 2006, Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Sep?? Oct?? Nov?  (Read 16185 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Anyone ??? Got a plan???   :beers:  :beers:

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
What's This All about?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:30:55 AM »
Are you guys thinking about getting together again? It goes without saying that if you plan on NC/TN/VA in the Fall, you better makes plans early in order to get a room and you should shoot for the middle of September to avoid the heavy duty peeper/apple festive crowds. There are many good places in addtion to the BRMC. Check out Ironhorse Lodge, Deals Gap Resort and of course, TWO in Suches, GA. Also High Valley Resort in Suches, GA has camping cheap bunkhouses and cabins that can sleep up to eight which makes the price about $25 a night per person. I can help with putting together local ride loops from 50 to 500 miles.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
BOSS 2006, Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Sep?? Oct?? Nov?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:06:03 PM »
Hey Bantana! I am just trying to find some options out of this flat, hot, straight, boring, cop infested, hot, hot, crowded, sucky roads here!!!! I know, what else is new!!! We here in FL seem to Be too busy to ride. I am 54, got a Busa!! Don't know why! Have been to BOSS 1 time, rode the dragon when the cops were there and so many riders it looked like they were on cables! Not even close to a knee dragger, still got 1/2" of chicken on the tires. But did ok they said on the Boss meet. On the web gives no real info on where and when! So it would be great if you brothers up in the cool, curvy, scenic, uncrowded, part of the country  :?:  posted with suggestions. I know kinda like giving up your best hunting spot! and on the web!!!     :beers:

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
If it were me...
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:23:34 PM »
I would get a bed in Room #4 at TWO  (intersection GA Hwy's 60/180) which should run you around $20 a night. Good, but pricey food. You can call them (# on website) and reserve a spot. They may take a few days to return your call. Then, I would get up very early and head north on GA 60 into NC/TN where it changes to HWY68 into Tellico Plains and have breakfast there. Run east on TN 165 (Cherohala Skyway) into Robbinsville and then onto Deals Gap and avoid running the dragon. Stop at Deals Gap Resort for a coke and head south on Hwy 28 to Franklin NC. and into Georgia and then run west on War Woman Road through Clayton where you pick up hwy 76 for 24 miles to 17 south. 11 miles to Helen, GA.
Where you pick up hwy 75 Alt to hwy 19 west/north to 129 north up and over the mountain. Then left/west on Wolf Pen Gap back to TWO. It's a bit of a challenge running Wolf Pen at the end of a long day, but take it slow and you'll be glad at the end of a long day to sit on the porch at TWO. It's a dry county, so BYOB. Day II route to come later.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »
Great stuff!! :thanks:  Now that sounds like my kinda HUNT! If you need an itinerary of the Bars here, cabbage patch, Iron horse (or arse) i forget, boot hill, one in corona? The loop! I can say i was there but can't seem to remember how i got there or back!!!   :beers:  :duh:  :beers: just kiddin!!!

Offline TDean

• New user!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 05:53:14 AM »
There are lots of great roads to ride around TWO. I live about 40 minutes from there. If you want to get an idea of what some of the roads are like check out the videos on this site.

http://www.deadzonevideo.com/

I think almost all of the roads that Bantana mentioned are on there.

Offline wrecker

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »
You say when and I'll be there.  Best riding group I've been with.

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 03:25:29 PM »
Quote from: Daytona
Great stuff!! :thanks:  Now that sounds like my kinda HUNT! If you need an itinerary of the Bars here, cabbage patch, Iron horse (or arse) i forget, boot hill, one in corona? The loop! I can say i was there but can't seem to remember how i got there or back!!!   :beers:  :duh:  :beers: just kiddin!!!

When I go for the races, I stay down in New Smyrna. The mainstreet thing takes too much energy for me. I don't think I will be going back for the races anymore. Losing the west banking just killed it for me. Thanks for the offer of inside info on the pub crawl. Maybe sometime in November.
~lloyd in atlanta

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »
="wrecker"]You say when and I'll be there.  Best riding group I've been with.
Rob & I did a few miles this weekend HOT! HOT! Oh did i say it was to hot here to ride!!! Maybe up there in OCT is what was said but still in the planning stage!!!  Any suggestions on staying at a diff place? Throw it out there!! :bigok:  :thanks:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 09:14:39 AM »
Have van,have bike,will travel. I will be doing a race school Sept.18th however.But after that I will try to make it.   Dan

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 10:02:11 AM »
="smooth operator"]Have van,have bike,will travel. I will be doing a race school Sept.18th however.But after that I will try to make it.   Dan
Hey are you teaching or being taught? Will keep posting any word i hear! Have fun at school! :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :bigok:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 07:37:01 AM »
Hey Reg, I'm learning.Its actully cheaper to race,but at the end of the season with limited funds,I'll only make it to the track 1 time this yr.Home improvments and family was expensive this yr. So I'll get the most track time and knowledge from doing the race school. I have friends going with me to do the advaced street riders course,wich is excellent.They'll be on the track while I'm in class and vs/vs. Unfortunatly it may be the last for Fasttrax, Bob Stanley past away,and his wife and son are finishing the season out. So I'm trying to take as many with me as I can.Hopefully if they bring in enough$ they may deside to keep it running next yr.
           Dan

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »
Hay that's too bad Smoother!!! Sounds like an admirable thing your doing! What track are you talking about?? Throw some info in! Maybe a doable thing for more of us... Take care!! Don't get tile setter's tunnel or what ever you all get..  :beers:  :beers:  :bigok:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 07:31:20 AM »
Its @ Nelson Ledges road course,same track GSX-R racer tried to get the Bandit track day together. It just N.of Waren OH. 2mile track w/ 13 turns. The Fast guys are running 1:10s- 1:12s  alot of racers in the teens. I'm still trying to get in the teens,I'm 1:20s, but I'm not getting the seat time. Too busy working instead.
  We get sore knees and backs,  Dan

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Road Trip or Rally
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 09:16:21 AM »
I'm taking off work Sept. 13-16th and maybe the 17th.  I'm taking a last long trip before winter. I'd be willing to meet up at TWO,BRMC or around the usual Rally areas. I would love to ride Bantana's route he laid out and I haven't been to TWO in a couple years. Anybody able to get away on any of these dates? If not I guess I'll be going solo. :motorsmile:
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa