Author Topic: 01 BANDIT 1200 -- LAMINAR LIP (TOURING Version) ???????????????????  (Read 4887 times)

Offline getsum

• Board Regular!

I have a -
01 BANDIT 1200

I am looking to put a -- LAMINAR  LIP  (TOURING Version) on it  .

http://www.laminarlip.com/bandit.php

WHat do you think - ?

Anyone have one of these ?
How does it work ?

Worth the $$$$  ??????

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Re: 01 BANDIT 1200 -- LAMINAR LIP (TOURING Version) ???????????????????
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 11:42:30 PM »
Tried it on my 05 B1200 and it made a bad situation worse in my case. I ended up send the product back and had to call twice to remind them of the refund agreed to a month after received it. After that I gave the Zero Gravity touring wind screen a try and it worked excellent, placing the wind blast above my head. I was going to buy another for my B1250 but that don't make one for the B1250.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:38:26 AM »
I had a Laminar Lip Touring Style on my 2006 B12S. I'm 6 feet exactly with a normal length torso and arms. The Lip on my stock screen (which, of course, is somewhat different than the 2G screen you have) worked as advertised but......as far as I'm concerned, it was designed for someone 5'9" or shorter. The Lip moved the windblast up from my upper chest to my face. I wear an open face helmet so this was NOT an improvement FOR ME. I took the stock screen off and put a Givi Touring screen on in its place. The Givi moved the windblast up to my forehead sooooo.....if I can figure out how to mount the Lip on the Givi I'll have it made. Unfortunately, the Lip, being designed for the stock screen, is curved wrongly for the Givi screen. I'm still trying to figure out how to overcome this problem.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:48 AM »
I had the exact same results and I'm 5' 11, lets just say that I didn't need to say cheese to have a picture taken while riding. You should have immediately contacted the company and sent it back. For what it cost wind blast to the chest is far better. My B1250 stock wind screen was a big improvement over my B1200 stock wind screen screen as it puts the wind blast at my forehead. I'm hoping the double bubble screen I received today will move it wind blast on my B1250 above head.

I had a Laminar Lip Touring Style on my 2006 B12S. I'm 6 feet exactly with a normal length torso and arms. The Lip on my stock screen (which, of course, is somewhat different than the 2G screen you have) worked as advertised but......as far as I'm concerned, it was designed for someone 5'9" or shorter. The Lip moved the windblast up from my upper chest to my face. I wear an open face helmet so this was NOT an improvement FOR ME. I took the stock screen off and put a Givi Touring screen on in its place. The Givi moved the windblast up to my forehead sooooo.....if I can figure out how to mount the Lip on the Givi I'll have it made. Unfortunately, the Lip, being designed for the stock screen, is curved wrongly for the Givi screen. I'm still trying to figure out how to overcome this problem.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 12:52:44 AM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline Pidgey

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/pidgey_photos/
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:09:59 PM »
I was thinking of ordering one, but I'm not confident that it will fit my aftermarket (Powerbronze) screen. Don't really like the asthetics of it anyway or that it will work for me.
07 Bandit GSF 1250
07 Bandit GSF  650
07 Ural Patrol

Offline Jimmy Tom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
Mine works great, but reading the other's size I'm seeing why.  I'm 6'6" and the wind hits below my collar bone so adds a bit of support for my upper body.

I've also got one on my ST1100, and the SO loves it.  By raising the airflow she says she doesn't get bobble head, like she did with only the stock screen.  Don't know about how it'll effect passengers on the Bandit, she says the seats too small after getting used to the ST.
Jim
STOC # 753
jimmorrow203@msn.com
Billings, MT  RiderCoach
91 ST1100 Black, 03 1200S, 96 DR650

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »
I installed a laminar lip on my 03 B12, but removed it after a week.  It had little effect on airflow, either good or bad.  I'm 5'9" and with the stock windscreen, the air strikes me about neck/collar level.  With the laminar, airflow was directed about chin height. 

Blue
03 B12 S
79 XS400