Author Topic: 1200 Bandit Bar vibration fix?  (Read 7610 times)

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
1200 Bandit Bar vibration fix?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 07:25:51 PM »
Or go to a business that sells reloading supplies. You don't need to be disassembling live shotgun shells.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
:lol: don't think i was gonna disassemble live shells...although could probably get some from work.  :duh: em okay fine no
But even reloading supplies are pricey here.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »
Quote from: "mademiriam"
:lol: don't think i was gonna disassemble live shells...although could probably get some from work.  :duh: em okay fine no
But even reloading supplies are pricey here.

You can take your pocket knife and cut the top off a shotgun shell, and the most danger you will be in, is, you might cut yourself. :stickpoke:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 12:08:09 AM »
getting that missing the 'USA' feeling, should have probably read up on this BEFORE my trip to NH several weeks ago, stuff like buckshot (or any 'ammunition' is expensive in canada). Seems like it's worth a try.
Now the fun will be seeing if I can buy some in NYC when I'm there next week... :grin: nothing like looking like a hill billy

YOU CAN USE ANY PELLET SIZE METAL LIKE THE BALL BEARINGS THAT THEY USE FOR SLING SHOT AMMO.....

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THESE IN N.Y.C. EASILY.....

OR IF YOU ARE DRIVING/RIDING, JUST GO ONTO LONG ISLAND AND HIT THE LOCAL WAL-MART.....
2001 BANDIT 1200S - MY DOCTOR ALWAYS SAYS, TAKE A SHOT OF B-12 AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!  I LOVE MY DOCTOR!

W-T-B - AFTERMARKET CHROME/POLISHED WHEELS-LIKE THESE-http://www.exoticsportbike.com/star2.htm

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 03:02:13 AM »
no worries guys, I can find some somewhere, the only reason I don't want to take apart live shells is because...well thats a waste of a good shell really.
Provisionally I can actually have the old shells from work, the ones with the packing coming out and the loose wads. Realistically though I'm sure there will be a hitch, I'll get some from the local gun stores.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
no worries guys, I can find some somewhere, the only reason I don't want to take apart live shells is because...well thats a waste of a good shell really.
Provisionally I can actually have the old shells from work, the ones with the packing coming out and the loose wads. Realistically though I'm sure there will be a hitch, I'll get some from the local gun stores.

Old ammo can be unstable... nitroglycerine primers.

Soak it all in a bucket of water for a couple days... that should render the powder inert. Plus make it easier to take them apart, especially paper cases. Won't hurt the lead shot.
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »
:lol: they aren't that old, by old i mean about a year, they just get handled too much and loaded/unloaded in to the shotguns until they start to drop some packing and are then replaced.
'03 R6 trackbike