Author Topic: Fixing fuel guage problem  (Read 2097 times)

Offline redryder

• Board Regular!
Fixing fuel guage problem
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:23:11 AM »
I found out something by accident and thought I would pass it along. I have a'98 bandit 1200 and the fuel guage has never worked properly. It would show full,then half-full and empty, then back to full. You get the picture. I took the tank off, but forgot to disconect the fuel guage. Of course it disconected itself. I didn't realize this until I had the tank back on and the guage didn't work. Not wanting to take the tank and bodywork off again, and unable to plug the guage back into the powerplug where it was attached to the bike,I detached it from the bike by pushing the tab out. I then reconnected it and left it hanging, the tab unattached to the bike. At first the guage worked alright,then it started acting the way it used to.I pushed the connectors together as hard as I could.Ever since then it has worked perfectly.This was 3 months and over 3000 miles ago.I think the vibration of the bike was transfered to the connection through the tab and made the connection faulty at times. I could be wrong on that,but I just thought I would pass this along for any of you having this trouble. It might work,it might not.