Author Topic: Another question for Bandits with ABS riders  (Read 5155 times)

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
Another question for Bandits with ABS riders
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 06:17:04 AM »
Quote from: "doublebandit"
My buddy had replaced his pads on his 03 gixxer600, and says they make the same sound now. He says it's the scintered(sp?) brake pads that the factory uses nowadays. When I told him about it, he took it for a quick spin and said "yup, it's those pads.. totally normal"

Can we get special order pads from Suzuki to play our favourite tunes?  :lol:
David
Bandit 1250SAK7 Graphite Metallic Blue (YLE)

Offline doublebandit

• Board Regular!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 07:12:46 AM »
I'd have mine play either Mettallica or Pink Floyd
'07 bandit 1250
'07 mazda cx-7
'79 pontiac Trans-Am(the OTHER Bandit!)

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 12:01:42 AM »
I can't believe you guys are talking about old guys.  I will be 75 the 29th of this month.  Love my Bandit...the ABS kept me out of trouble when I came up on water flowing over the highway and braked hard...ABS kicked in...it worked.  Not a good photo as I had my jacket hanging over the seat.

If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Offline the ferret

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 11:22:27 AM »
75? Good for you Blue Racer. :congrats:  Hope I'm going as strong when I reach your age.

I'm approaching 60 always wonder how much longer I'll be able to enjoy this sport. I'm headed to Europe on a Edelweiss tour in 09 cause I've always wanted to see the Alps, and wanted to get it done before I got too old. Already have some minor health issues so I gots to get her done.:motorsmile:

You give us something to shoot for. I hope you have many motor riding years ahead of ya. :thumb:
41 years on 2 wheels and have enjoyed every minute of it

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »
The Alps are great. I hiked 'em back in 2001 after going to see Mad King Ludwig's castle in Fussen.

Make sure to eat some liebkase. Although it translates as "livercheese" it's neither liver, nor cheese.
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 11:42:22 PM »
Quote from: "Barbarian"
The Alps are great. I hiked 'em back in 2001 after going to see Mad King Ludwig's castle in Fussen.

:bigok: Of all the castles I visited when I was in Europe last year, Neuschwanstein was my fav! :thumb:
I was bummed about not having a bike there, but the roads were still fun in a cage... not as much fun, but at least it was warm when the snowflakes started falling.

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 11:04:54 AM »
Ferret, when you get a little older and the old knees start to go, try a trike.  I love mine.  Had it two years and really like to ride it ....great for long distances.  Rode from Santa Fe, NM to Boerne, TX the other day...690 miles and only stopped for gas and PR....great distance machine... :grin:

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 12:57:27 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"

:bigok: Of all the castles I visited when I was in Europe last year, Neuschwanstein was my fav! :thumb:

I went in May/June, so the parasailers and hang gliders were out. Don't have any digital pictures though...
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline the ferret

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
Holy Crap Racer..I think you got a better retirement package than I'm going to have ha ha

I don't think I'd like a trike, but I might consider a big scooter in about 10 years. :lol:

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 07:13:34 PM »
Ferret, Naw, just a raggety assed old Air Force troop who did not have enough sense to get out...stayed 29 years, then said, "I don't think I want to make a career out of this."  Then worked for Sony Corp for thirteen more...both groups treated me well.  The harder I worked, the luckier I got..... :lol:  

Scooter you say, hey, check out my '03 Suzuki Bergman 650.  A real sleeper.  Runs like a hose....I love it too.   :clap:

Offline the ferret

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 08:48:41 PM »
Yea..it usually works that way  :wink:

I've heard those Bergmans are the cat's meow. Maybe when I get tired of throwing my leg over and decide it's easier to throw it through.   :lol:

Do your feet get bored with not having anything to do on it?

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 04:36:20 PM »
Ferret writes: Do your feet get bored with not having anything to do on it?

No, actually it is natural just to have your feet on the floor.  There is a lot of space so you can move your feet around and up under the dash.  It is a neat scooter.  Parking brake, lighter socket for GPS, etc. lots of storage space under the dash.  I really like it.  Longest trip was 275 one afternoon with a buddy who has one too.  45mpg or better if you don't lean on the right hand too hard.  It was clocked at 103 in a scooter mag and will cruse 80 or better all day long.  It is a sleeper... :motorsmile:

I bought it in '03 and will keep it a looonnnggg time...cheaper insurance too.