Author Topic: Bandit mania lights  (Read 10197 times)

Offline lharrell79

• Board Regular!
Bandit mania lights
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 09:16:06 AM »
I'm just curious, is Europe the only place that you can get the twin 4" chrome headlights?  I have searched and searched, and the only place in the US that I have found that carry them is streetfighter-usa.com.  However, they want 219.99 plus 12.00 shipping.  That's just to far out of my budget for a couple of lights.  Anybody else have any ideas?

Lucas

Offline Cruisecontrol

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit mania lights
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 09:41:07 AM »
Try the good folks at Hella. The only problem will be the mounting brackets to fit them to a bike instead of a car.

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/Internet_usa.jsp

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Bandit mania lights
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 05:49:14 PM »
Quote from: "lharrell79"
I'm just curious, is Europe the only place that you can get the twin 4" chrome headlights?  I have searched and searched, and the only place in the US that I have found that carry them is streetfighter-usa.com.  However, they want 219.99 plus 12.00 shipping.  That's just to far out of my budget for a couple of lights.  Anybody else have any ideas?

Lucas

Wild Hair has them, too - but theirs are even more $$. There are others in the US, but I don't think you'll find a kit cheaper than the one you found. The other option is to source your own lights and fab your own brackets and wire them up yourself. You can even make a bracket that fits the fairing bracket on the steering yoke and have non-turning dual lights like the Speed Triple.

There's nothing wrong with ordering from Europe. I've order some stuff from the UK & Germany with no real troubles. The German order was a little more difficult since I don't speak German and they didn't admit to English... but they (Thunderbike) have since come up with an English site.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit mania lights
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »
Haha before reading what you'd put I was about to ask "what's that Buell doing in with the Bandit gang?" I think the smaller twin headlights look ok on Bandits, single headlights look good on Bandits, but the big twin headlights should stay on Speed Triples! God I love Speed Triples

Offline ZipTi

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit mania lights
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 11:20:29 AM »
I am in the middle of installing two 5 3/4 halogen headlights that mount to the fairing stay boss. coming together nicely, every thing is fitted and mounted, just a couple tweeks and either paint, powdercoat or polish the brackets. e
97' b12 (ZipTi) Rental fatbars, 407lbs, 520 conversion, CRG levers & mirror, FoxShox & motoCD forks, EBC HH's & Rotors, Goodridge SS lines, Trail Tech 8" headlamp, Vepor gauge/computer, all Titanium hardware, unbraced rear caliper stay, Alloy Subframe, Monster seat, 707  racing axles, GSXR blue, 70k miles...
98' GSF1200 bagger (Junior) ready to roll....

Offline ZipTi

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit mania lights
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »

97' b12 (ZipTi) Rental fatbars, 407lbs, 520 conversion, CRG levers & mirror, FoxShox & motoCD forks, EBC HH's & Rotors, Goodridge SS lines, Trail Tech 8" headlamp, Vepor gauge/computer, all Titanium hardware, unbraced rear caliper stay, Alloy Subframe, Monster seat, 707  racing axles, GSXR blue, 70k miles...
98' GSF1200 bagger (Junior) ready to roll....