Author Topic: ? on selling a gel seat  (Read 3803 times)

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
? on selling a gel seat
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »
It is tax time and uncle sam is bending me over the table. I am gonna have to work a little ot to pay this one off. I do have a gel seat for my 01 1200 that I could part with. I know that they were goin for like 275 last summer on ebay and I havent seen one on there for a while. Should I list it now and maybe get 250 out of it (do you think i could?) or should I wait til about april and have a better chance?
01 1200s

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »
Uh... better sit down for this one.  Based on what I've seen on the boards (and sold myself) you better jump all over the first 200 dollar offer you get.  You might find someone looking who isn't familiar with the Bandit boards and would pay more on Ebay.

Good luck and let us know what you get for it.  :beers:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
I paid $300 for mine last year after checking out several completed auctions on eBay that had them going for 250, 275, 285, etc.  It's sort of gonna depend on just when yours hits the market, I think.  If you could wait until prime bike riding season, there might be enough sore @sses out there to get you a nice high price.

Right now, yeah, probably $200 max.  :sad:

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:56:48 PM »
bout what time of year did you get that one on ebay?
01 1200s

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
Quote from: "tannerismyhero"
bout what time of year did you get that one on ebay?

Early May of '06.  I really paid too much, but I figured over time those things are gonna get rare and the price will shoot up, especially for new or like new, so I splurged.  I'm not the only one, either!  Several of us bought 'em in that general price range.  Snubnoze paid the same as me, if I remember right.

You'll probably have better luck selling the gel seat than you would the Bandit itself.  :beers:

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
Gel Seat
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:29:10 PM »
Quote from: "Desolation Angel"

Early May of '06.  I really paid too much. Snubnoze paid the same as me, if I remember right.
You'll probably have better luck selling the gel seat than you would the Bandit itself.  :beers:

So, were u the fella I was in a Bidding war with for the gel seat on ebay?. Yup, I paid too much for it, I guess the "fever" of eBay got the better of me!.
I originally got mine for my wife'S B6 (vertically challenged) as the gel seat sits lower it might help her riding position (less tips, they get expensive!).

I too recently got a hold of a gel seat on ebay that was listed as just "Bandit seat" (no Gel description). Got it for approx HALF of original OEM pricing!. Now, Did the guy who sold it to me know what it exactly was?...don't know about that, ..and, knowing full well if other banditos knew about it's presence on an ebay auction, it would of sold for much, much more!

Guess I lucked out for once! :motorsmile:
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Gel Seat
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »
Quote from: "snubnoze"
Quote from: "Desolation Angel"

Early May of '06.  I really paid too much. Snubnoze paid the same as me, if I remember right.

So, were u the fella I was in a Bidding war with for the gel seat on ebay?. Yup, I paid too much for it, I guess the "fever" of eBay got the better of me!.
I originally got mine for my wife'S B6 (vertically challenged) as the gel seat sits lower it might help her riding position (less tips, they get expensive!).

I too recently got a hold of a gel seat on ebay that was listed as just "Bandit seat" (no Gel description). Got it for approx HALF of original OEM pricing!. Now, Did the guy who sold it to me know what it exactly was?...don't know about that, ..and, knowing full well if other banditos knew about it's presence on an ebay auction, it would of sold for much, much more!

Guess I lucked out for once! :motorsmile:

I don't know if I jacked your price up or not.  :grin:   Maybe you jacked up mine!

Offline Aldosdad

• Board Regular!
B12 2nd Gen Gel seat
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »
I bought mine here just recently from Dave 02 1200 for $200.00 shipped.  He had the ad running for a month or so on the For sale thread and there were no takers.
2002 B12S Silver

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 11:51:20 PM »
Especially now that it is so easy to buy the 3/4 inch gel inserts  for the seat which requires only staple removal foam inset and re-staple. Foam and cover replacement is something that is easy and common in the off road bike world. I am currently bidding on a gel insert for my B12 for $26.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SADDLEGEL-Replacement-Motorcycle-Gel-Seat-Pad-XL_W0QQitemZ290078636035QQihZ019QQcategoryZ35589QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 02:53:43 AM »
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
? on selling a gel seat
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »
Thats cool and a good idea. I would like to write the company though and ask them to develop a tank bag with an inflatable cushion for chest support and elevation adjustment on those long rides.

Quote from: "aussiebandit"
Or you could get one of these

http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/html/airhawk.html