Author Topic: Danmoto Texalium Exhaust  (Read 9098 times)

Offline MattMan

• TURBO TYPER!
Danmoto Texalium Exhaust
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:37:02 PM »
Hey all, I just finished the installation of the Danmoto Texalium Slip On for my 2005 Bandit 1200.  The install was fairly straight forward if you aren't blinded by excitement and stupidity during the process.  You will reuse the exhaust clamp at the end of your header where it connects to your mid-pipe.  You also need to take the exhaust gasket off of your stock mid-pipe and use it on the Danmoto pipe.  Don't try to tighten the clamp on the bare Danmoto mid-pipe without this gasket (why are you being accusatory?? I definitely didn't do that.  More than once) otherwise you will need to spread the header outlet so the gasket will fit.  This will suck.  So don't do it.  If your stock gasket is shagged, then get a replacement.

Here are the before and after videos.  The bike is running super lean so I am having the carbs rebuilt and jetted.  Figured while they were in there I might as well replace the exhaust and get some power!  I know it is hard to hear, but the new exhaust is much much throatier and obviously louder.  Vid after the rebuild to come.

Before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1i5eZa4XHs

After:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99zll0RUa0Y

-Matt  :beers:

Offline MattMan

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Danmoto Texalium Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:13:06 AM »
As a side note here, the previous owner busted the throttle position sensor located on the carbs.  I want to drop the bike off to have the carbs rebuilt and tuned.  My understanding is the TPS only effects the spark advance, so am I ok to have the bike tuned with the sensor disconnected?  I want to get the most out of my investment here LOL.

Thanks!

Offline MattMan

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:02 PM »
Small update: I dropped the bike off at the shop last thursday and they called me today saying it should be done tomorrow. They tried just turning up the idle screws first to fix the lean stumble and told me they didn't think I needed a re-jet, but were coined to test drive it to check. Ten minutes later I get a call, oh yes it needs to be jetted. I resisted the urge to say told ya so lol. They are going to tune it using the dyno and give me charts for it. I'm just excited to get the big girl running after two years!

-Matt :beers:

Offline MattMan

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »
The results are in: 117 hp and 80 torque. Stock other than the jet kit and danmoto slip on. Been raining nonstop here so haven't taken her on a far ride yet or really felt the new power. Updates to follow as weather conditions allow and I'll post a pic of the chart when I get a chance.