Author Topic: Looking 4 Ideas!  (Read 7052 times)

Offline tom cochran

• New user!
Re: Corbin Smuggler??
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 09:39:46 AM »
Quote from: "Soro"
Quote from: "tom cochran"
Quote from: "billster"
Nice piece of work!  Is that simply a cowl that can fit over the stock saddle?

Billster  :motorsmile:

That would be an easier idea.  This one is fastened directly to the PE seat pan with the foam removed.  If the piece would just curl under the pan, and be high enough to clear the seat cover, it could be just taken off if needed.  With the existing one, you have to switch the seats.  I'll work on it. T.

Tom, is this red Bandit yours? I know this is off topic a bit, but do you have an pictures of the front fairing? It looks like an older GSX-R upper fairing.?.? Very sweet looking bike.

It is actually an old '93 ZX-7 race nose(groan.. sorry!) with GSX-R headlights.  A headlight hole was cut, and the old gixxer light frame modified to find all the existing hard points.  It is very rigid and quiet, and gives a lot of protection without sticking up like a billboard.  With clip-ons it is still comfy for a 350 mile day.  I got the bike as "damaged" and it has evolved to this point.  Thanks, Tom

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Looking 4 Ideas!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 09:46:26 AM »
I've seen this bike in person.  It's cool looking!

This pic kinda sucks but you get the idea...
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline tom cochran

• New user!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »
Quote from: "Soro"
Quote from: "billster"
Nice piece of work!  Is that simply a cowl that can fit over the stock saddle?

Billster  :motorsmile:

That would be an easier idea.  This one is fastened directly to the PE seat pan with the foam removed.  If the piece would just curl under the pan, and be high enough to clear the seat cover, it could be just taken off if needed.  With the existing one, you have to switch the seats.  I'll work on it. T.

Tom, is this red Bandit yours? I know this is off topic a bit, but do you have an pictures of the front fairing? It looks like an older GSX-R upper fairing.?.? Very sweet looking bike.

(I tried to send this yesterday, but it didn't take)  It is an old racebike fairing from a '93 ZX-7, mounted on a '89 gixxer light frame and lights (with a little mods to make it fit the Bandit hard-points).  It works out great.  With little steel plate extensions, the frame fits the head-tube easily. With clip-ons, it is still a great position for many 350 mile days with bags.  I will send another pic if I can figure out how!  Any easy suggestions? Thanks, Tom

Offline tom cochran

• New user!
Looking 4 Ideas!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 09:35:07 AM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
I've seen this bike in person.  It's cool looking!

This pic kinda sucks but you get the idea...

Hahaha... Hey Pitter, couldn't you have taken that shot so I looked thin AND young, instead of old and fat?  What a blast of a day!  Thanks, Tom

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 03:30:27 PM »
I will send another pic if I can figure out how!  Any easy suggestions? Thanks, Tom

Tom - read this thread from the board FAQ about posting pics.  Basically, they have to be hosted elsewhere and hotlinked here.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Mentalino

• TURBO TYPER!
Looking 4 Ideas!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 01:05:35 PM »
Sorry guys....been busy as all heck ....Anyways....i still havent decided on what i am going to go with as far as the seat....i really like that homemade mod you did with the stock seat Tom. I think i may spend some time and come up with a similar idea....mostly because it makes the bike totally unique in that area...Allthough....im curious to see how the lower seating position feels with the corbin or bike side replacement seats.On another note...i have replaced my stock bars as planned and i truely love the feel of the bike now....definatly more connected with it and no issues with clearance and headshake :beers: Take a look!
http://mysite.verizon.net/madmental/

Offline tom cochran

• New user!
Looking 4 Ideas!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 10:11:12 AM »
Quote from: "Mentalino"
Sorry guys....been busy as all heck ....Anyways....i still havent decided on what i am going to go with as far as the seat....i really like that homemade mod you did with the stock seat Tom. I think i may spend some time and come up with a similar idea....mostly because it makes the bike totally unique in that area...Allthough....im curious to see how the lower seating position feels with the corbin or bike side replacement seats.On another note...i have replaced my stock bars as planned and i truely love the feel of the bike now....definatly more connected with it and no issues with clearance and headshake :beers: Take a look!
http://mysite.verizon.net/madmental/

Yeah...I have clip-ons on my bike, also.  It puts me forward and lower in the front, is is a much more natural feel for me.  It is still really great for a full day on the bike.  Ps. You paint job looks great!  Tom

Offline ChuckD

• Board Regular!
    • http://Penguinlove.textamerica.com
Not a solo but,
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 08:38:58 PM »
Hey I fabbed this out of an SV650 tail. Its no solo seat but I think it's plenty cool and I could always use a tail cowl for the SV instead of the pillion seat. Of course something like this gets a gel seat and an "Iron Butt".
When in doubt fighter it out!!!

1996 B6 Custom Tank and SV650S tail fairing. Streetfighterization in progress.