Author Topic: Project B12 - 56k *Beware*  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Project B12 - 56k *Beware*
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »
The motor is completely apart, i just havent had time to upload all the pics. I had a lull in financing so progress slowed a bit. The body is off for work/paint. Im hoping that NEXT weekend ill custom mount my damper and then get everything off to ceramic/powdercoat. Ill get those pics up asap  :beers:
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline TipsyMcStagger

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »
Quote from: "Banditofdoom"
The motor is completely apart, i just havent had time to upload all the pics. I had a lull in financing so progress slowed a bit. The body is off for work/paint. Im hoping that NEXT weekend ill custom mount my damper and then get everything off to ceramic/powdercoat. Ill get those pics up asap  :beers:

Sounds good.  

Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Tipsy

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »
Yea its at that lull stage where im doing more odering of parts than working on the bike. once its all the way apart and gets colored up then a ton of work will start again to reassemble. I'll just show all the engine mods i bought when i post the pics. I get the block back next week and i just recieved my head back from Holeshot. They 'massaged' it a bit for me  :motorsmile:

Offline TipsyMcStagger

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »
Quote from: "Banditofdoom"
Yea its at that lull stage where im doing more odering of parts than working on the bike. once its all the way apart and gets colored up then a ton of work will start again to reassemble. I'll just show all the engine mods i bought when i post the pics. I get the block back next week and i just recieved my head back from Holeshot. They 'massaged' it a bit for me  :motorsmile:

You used an entire Busa front end...trees and all?  How does that affect the geometry of the bike (ie: height) vs. stock?

Tipsy

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 05:23:07 PM »
yup everything. geometry is 1' lower in the front. have the fork tubes moved to where they are flush with the top clamp. thats one reason why im mounting a damper. Its steering is a hair quicker but im worried about excessive shake with all the new power it'll have. Other than that its awesome. Busa brakes stop the bike with ease, and im adding new pads and SS brake lines. My bike was knocked down and the front tire was run over by a hit-and-run asshole in downtown seattle. Twisted the bandit forks all up. couldnt find a used set of forks on ebay or nuthin. then i found the complete front of a busa for 500 bucks, so i went for it.  I want my streetfighter to be comfy too though, so i recently got rid of the busa top plate with bar risers and mounted an LSL conversion kit to add clamps.handlebars. loots nice!

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »
just found this thread...any updates?
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »
Not yet. Frame and whatnot are all off at powdercoat. As soon as i get it back i can start reassembly. But unfortunately theres a bit of a backup at the powdercoaters atm, so hopefully ill get my stuff back in a week or so

Ill be sure to post updates as soon as i have 'em   :motorsmile: