Author Topic: Top yoke that works?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Top yoke that works?
« on: January 19, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »
Sup folks. I have the complete front end of an '02 busa fitted to my '01 B12, but the more i think about the power and hooliganism im creating this winter im thinking i'll wanna put some Renthal dirt bike bars on it. Still track ridable while a great position for wheelies and whatnot.  In order to get the center clamps back i need a new top yoke. busa forks are 43mm, so will any bandit yoke fit right on?

Thanks for any and all input.

On a side note, anyone else here do wheelies? If i get mine up decently high i get the oil light on within seconds. How can i combat this problem? thanks!  :beers:
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline reaper

• TURBO TYPER!
Top yoke that works?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
1 if you have fitted busa forks you shoud no that the upper part of the fork is 50mm not 43mm
 2 make sure your bandit has the correct amount of oil in it to begin with becaus i have never had that problem nor have any of my mates,but the only way to sort a problem like that is to mod the oil pickup pipe so it is gettin its oil from the rear of the sump which is were it will be with you vertical but like i said noone i no has ever had this problem so check oil level first

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Ranger

• Board Homesteader!
  • Resident Felon
Top yoke that works?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
:beers:
Note to self: Leave no witnesses

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Top yoke that works?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:35 PM »
Quote from: "Ranger"
Or you're looking for something like these:

Which mounts directly to the Busa top tripletree  :wink:

After looking into it i think im gonna go with that. seems to fit nicely and it comes with the braided lines i want anyways. 335 aint bad for the complete package.
My B12 is a pile of parts next to a bare frame atm. cant wait to finish and post up my results!  :beers:
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
Top yoke that works?
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 06:52:12 AM »
If you have the Busa top yoke, the stock bandit risers and bars should fit perfectly.
05 GSF1200S HS risers, HS stage 1, HS Exhaust HS Backrest, Ventura Rack, Corbin Seat, Renntec Crash Bars, DDM HID 'Busa Shock, Racetech Fork Springs, Cogent Dynamics Fork Valves, Alaska Leather Seat Pad, Stebel Nautilus, Blue Sea Fuse Block, Gerbing Heated Liner
=^..^=