Author Topic: Suzuki 1250 Bandit turn signal cancellation device  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Bill_C

• New user!
Suzuki 1250 Bandit turn signal cancellation device
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »
I found an automatic turn signal cancellation device for the 1250S Bandit at Kisan Technologies. See https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

Does anyone have any experience with this device? The question I had in particular was the possible need to add some springs to your handlebar turn signal switch. But their documentation is not really clear if the device will work without the optional springs.

Offline bottomfeeder

• Board Regular!
Re: Suzuki 1250 Bandit turn signal cancellation device
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
looks easy to install ... I most likely wont use the optional functions I dont trust myself cutting into wires.
Thanks for posting I may buy 1 of these - sometimes i forget to turn off the turn signals and dont realize until a few blocks down.

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
Haven't had one myself.... but I do know that Kisan is the numero uno choice for that application.

Offline Bill_C

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:01 AM »
Yeah, I'm not crazy about cutting into the wires myself. It looks simple enough though. I did get a response ack from Kisan that I won't need the return springs if I don't look up all the other options such as running lights and brake flashers. I'll update you guys when I get the part and install it. It's still a bit to cold to ride here anyway in frosty New England...

Offline Dink_1170

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 06:16:12 PM »
Why??Why?? Why?? your thumbs are obviously working to turn the signal on,Why oh why is it then so hard to turn them off?? If you wish to just spend money I will provide my mailing address :bigok:

Dink
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!!!
07 Bandit1250S - "Bonnie"
85 GSX1100EFF - "The Tractor"
82 GSX1100SZ - "Kitty"
82 GSX750SZ -"Lil Kitty"

Offline billincentraljersey

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
Why??Why?? Why?? your thumbs are obviously working to turn the signal on,Why oh why is it then so hard to turn them off?? If you wish to just spend money I will provide my mailing address :bigok:

Dink

Au contrair my friend.  An absent minded distracted guy like me would have that turn signal blinking for many exits   :duh:  I have became that old guy that I made fun of when I was young.  :banghead:

Funny my previous bike had the indicator above the speedo and tach.  There, I can see it with my peripheral vision.  With the B1250, the indicator is below the speedo and tach, out of the range of my peripheral vision.  Now, I am constantly leaving it blinking.

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Bragging Rights:  NJ to CA in 8 Days on my B1250ABS. Not quite ADV Rider.
07 B1250ABS, 90 Kawasaki Concours, 84 Moto Guzzi V65SP, 77 Yamaha XS360, xx-77 NYC Subway

Offline Dean

• Board Regular!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »
I'm coming to the part late, but near the bottom of the page here: http://www.customdynamics.com/loadequalizer.htm they have some universal cancellation setups. There are a few different options here.

I've considered it myself at times in the past but now I just seem to be tapping the center of my signal as an unconscious movement, I'll notice myself doing it between lights or after a couple of shifts, just random tapping.