Author Topic: Tuning the New B1250 Suspension  (Read 4718 times)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Tuning the New B1250 Suspension
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 09:38:27 AM »
This is why I'd like to compare the two side by side...other than the engine/cooling/ignition/fuel systems I'd bet the bikes are identical. I think the handling differences they are yapping about are due to the added weight as well as the rotating mass of the engine and weight distribution of the engine. There's no way they'd put all the engineering differences into a one model year bike (the 06). Plans were already in place for the 07 model so the 06 got the new engineering but the old lump. Why? I have no idea but it makes for interesting conversation :wink:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Tuning the New B1250 Suspension
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »
I agree. The '06 may have gotten the frame and suspension upgrades in anticipation of the new engine. The handling differences are probably slight, and in a race between the two it would probably come down to the better rider.

The new engine is quite different performance-wise, though... (I said different, not better!) The '07 motor is heavily oriented towards torque and power in the low RPM's, whereas the tried and true Gixxer motor is a high-rev horsepower mill. When you ride one you'll notice the difference immediately.

As far as the engine weight, I'm not sure which is heavier, or by how much. The exhaust on the '07 is responsible for most of the weight increase. How it affects handling will remain to be seen when/if I change the muffler.

I dunno... this bike is so quiet it's spooky. I think I like the "stealth factor", being able to sneak through small towns without attracting attention is a nice feature.  :bigok:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"