Author Topic: what should i do?  (Read 2812 times)

Offline karl

• TURBO TYPER!
what should i do?
« on: November 20, 2006, 06:50:45 PM »
i'm in a bit of a predicament....

as my 750 is an import, it has clocks in kph. after removing the fly screen, i noticed the clock housings are shot, all scuved up. and none of the lights are working apart from the petrol gauge.

what should i do?

do i get the converter, try solve the bulb issue and try find some clock housing for my clocks,

or

do i just get some of them mini ones and be done with it, lol.
karl
'98 750 Bandit

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
what should i do?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:17 PM »
Hi

Personally I would replace te dodgy bulbs and maybe get the clock casings painted.

But if you have  a fairly customised bike then I would think about some of the digital clocks that were being shown off at the NEC show:-

http://www.banditmania.co.uk/digital_clocks.htm

All the best

Keith

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
what should i do?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:22:40 AM »
You know someone is going to make allot of money if they ever come up with a LED replacement that has analog faces with cool indigo back lighting.

Offline SmokeyAndTheBandit

• Board Homesteader!
what should i do?
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are having trouble with the backlighting of your gauges? In most cases it's not the bulb with the problem, it's the wires. They tend to corrode and lose connection where they splice in on the harness. I had this same problem, I just opened up the harness where they splice in and redid the connection. Works great now!
Mike
"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right." -Jerry Seinfeld
1997 Bandit S 600

Offline karl

• TURBO TYPER!
what should i do?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 07:17:49 PM »
the wiring fine. it was the bulbs. just got some new ones to fit at the weekend.
karl
'98 750 Bandit