Author Topic: '91 Bandit 400 looking for a good home  (Read 67204 times)

Offline suvari

• New user!
'91 Bandit 400 looking for a good home
« on: October 07, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »
Hey there, I am at the stage where I am coming to terms with the fact that I will not have the time and setup to do justice to my Bandit 400. It is a 1991 I bought locally--in DC area--in 2012, and loved it. Haven't ridden for about 3 years now, and almost getting to forget why not. I know I wanted to rebuild front brakes. Clutch is not releasing fully, but it might be as simple as an adjustment.
The engine was running strong when I parked it. Carburator was good.
The tank was rusty when I bought it. Put a good liner in, but that was after stripping all paint, so tank looks uglyish now with an aging plastidip. But no dents. Tap is aftermarket high flow.
Got a bunch of parts as well.

Sorry for the spotty information. I will look to the parts box, and post pictures too. just trying to see if the forum is alive, and if there are local people who would be able to revive a beautiful machine. I am easy to deal. Say hi if this interests you at any price at all. If not, I guess it is a non-running donation  :yikes:

Offline suvari

• New user!
Re: '91 Bandit 400 looking for a good home
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:45:25 AM »
Hi all--this Bandit 400 is free to take for those who can transport it away. It is based in Washington DC. Let me know!

Offline JmuRiz

• Board Homesteader!
Re: '91 Bandit 400 looking for a good home
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 11:14:47 PM »
YGM: wondering if this is my old bike

Nathan
Nathan

'91 GSF 400
'90 FZR 400
'65 Ducati Falcon 80