Author Topic: WTB Bandit 400 Signal Generator  (Read 2866 times)

Offline SoEazy

• TURBO TYPER!
WTB Bandit 400 Signal Generator
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
Anyone have an ignition signal generator for sale in good working condition? I'm not currently in the position to pay $130 for a new one. BTW, my bike is a 1991 model... not sure if that matters. Send me a PM with a price.  :thanks:
There's no such thing as a free bike.

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: WTB Bandit 400 Signal Generator
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
Post a pic or part # and fische # from bikebandit and I will check my parts box.
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline SoEazy

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »
The part number is 33110-10D00. I've attached a fiche of what the part looks like.

Thanks.

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
Where on the bike is it located? Most of my spare parts are still attached to a frame.

Offline SoEazy

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
On the left side of the engine if you are seated on the bike. The signal generator is inside the cover that houses the starter gear, directly in front of the sprocket cover.   :thumb:

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »
Sorry, no...
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »
I'm all for used parts like everyone else but here's a little advice on this one:

-This part sits in hot oil. 1991 was a long time ago and any used one has been baking along for over 20 years.

-The wires that exit the case commonly get very brittle and tend to break. This is the most common failure point so check yours first. They break at the grommet where they exit the case.

-Along with this part: invest in a new gasket for the case. You can use RTV but it's hit or miss if it will seal completely.

-Used electronics are always a crapshoot: sometimes they're great, other times not so.

I'm only telling you this because I've repaired two and had the actual bakelite crack and short where the reed switched is housed inside the motor. I ponied up and replaced it with a new one to not have to deal with it again. It'll leave you stranded and there's no way to rig it to get home. Ask me how I know.

My .02$.

-Randy

Offline SoEazy

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
Just an update... I no longer need one.  I broke down and bought a new one. Works perfectly.  :thumb: