Author Topic: Just got my new 06' 1200s  (Read 2863 times)

Offline captain casual

• TURBO TYPER!
Just got my new 06' 1200s
« on: November 18, 2006, 10:51:36 PM »
This site is great and i send out a thank you for answerng so many questions for me. I still have yet to find a review on the " all new" 06 1200s but i purchased one anyway. Seems like everyone is waiting on the new 1250, and left the 06's sitting. I managed to steal a new one, and what a great choice i made!!! The 06 has all the 07 stuff except that new 1250 motor and 6 speed. Why aren't they more popular? I mean the engine is one of the greatest in liter bikes and the improvements for 06 make this a legend. I can't believe how much fun this bike is and couldn't be happier. Hope everyone waiting for the 07's enjoy paying full retail for a 30 lb heavier bike, when you can get a steal on 06's right now!!!
~Captain Casual~

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:48:50 AM »
Welcome...I picked my 06 up in Oct, got to ride it for a week before the snow hit here in Edmonton...the price for mine wasn't a steal but I did get it for much less than retail so I'm happy :motorsmile:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:19:32 AM »
I consider the 07 watercooled engine ugly compared to the 06. The Gixer style engine is a time proven classic and the oil cooling is ingenious. Oil doesn't cause rust. I don't think you'll ever find a better looking Bandit than the 06. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but the price is a steal and the mods are endless. I've had mine since March and I had a great season of very high speed riding. And I'm still here to talk about it! my first mod is in the mail. Two Bros can. Enjoy.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!