Author Topic: Out at last  (Read 3552 times)

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
Out at last
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »
   :grin: Saturday and Sunday --- I was out.   :grin:

It was a touch on the cool side but the roads are clear and most important, the ice was gone behind the garage.   I logged over 300 km and it was great to be back on the Bandit after what has been a long winter.   I even got the better half to ride pillion, all the way to the coffee shop, and back.     

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Out at last
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »
 :beers: good news indeed!  :beers:
We suffered yet another weekend of ice/snow showers...can't wait to get out though. Glad to hear riding is coming back to the great white north.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:21:24 PM »
Way to go, Tony !!! You're a lot braver than I am, though. Even though the glacier has receded from my shed door, I don't think I'll get #17 out until (probably) April at the earliest.....unless global warming picks up some speed in Cowtown.  :lol:
Even with my Kilimanjaro on and the liner in and ski-pants/sweats it's still a little too cool at speed for me at this time of year. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a warm weather rider.
Roll on April/May...... :bandit:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »
Had a GSXR 1000 blow by my econo box on the highway today...gave a thumbs up and got a bit wave...nearly froze my darn hand off out the window though, why oh why do i never follow through on those grip warmers i always talk about. 
Good to see somebody out though!
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline BANDIT#999

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:40 PM »
Well, we've had our share around here in London, but there is this one guy on one of those Ural sidecar outfits, that has ridden pretty much everyday so far this winter.
I travel between London and St. Thomas to work everyday on Highbury Ave, there are a couple of other guys that join Highbury between London and St. Thomas and even on the coldest shi**iest days one or the other of us says "Hey did'ya see the guy on the sidecar this morning"?
He's dressed in what looks like a Ski jacket and pants, heavy boots and snowmobile mitts.
Don't know if it's his only form of transport, but he's still riding!
Got a good look at his rig today and it's not one of those with a live axle that would give it two wheel drive.
If tomorrow really is the first day of the rest of my life..........does that mean all the shit I do today don't count?

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:04:01 AM »

all taken tonight... :sad:
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
Krikkee, Made. I am so happy to be in Lotusland!
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!