Author Topic: Barber Superbike Races  (Read 17970 times)

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2006, 01:07:46 PM »
Terrebandit & I got back safely about 2 am.... will post some pics and goodies later.  This is a MUST DO trip guys and gals - First class operation and local hero (Spies) kicks butt!!!
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 02:02:46 PM »
No pics here???? Okay I'll post some.
Unfortunately I wasn't available for the barbers thing with a bunch of Bandit guys. Hopefully I will do this soon though. It was nice that a few of you saw us meeting up in the morning Friday. I appreciate it and maybe we can go riding someday if you all are local. I would've invited you guys, but you mentioned you were bikeless.

A Bunch of my friends have Ninja's and we got a zx6e get together around the AMA's. I represented the Bandit well by leading the pack and blowing them away with our huge engines.

Here's a few pictures of our whole weekend. We skipped Friday qualifying thing, and opted to ride all day. Because the weather was so nasty we decided to skip Mt. Cheha and goto Bessemer instead. Started out from HWY 25/29 Dreams breakfast and headed onto Loc 17 in Bessemer.
Here's the bandit in primo position w/ the E's

Here's me if some are curious.

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »
Our spot at the races wasn't too bad this year. Last year we had a primo position due to one of our buds camping out / getting there early and saviung us spots. This year we showed up an hour or so before the races on Sat and Sunday, but it worked out great. I hear there was a record turnout this year.

On my way to the padock I got a pic of the rear turn. Mostly took this pic because this is where my buddy went off on a track day into the gravel pit.

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 02:13:40 PM »
Went into the Paddock area on Sunday.  On my way there I dropped both my passes, and had to backtrack. luckily I found my paddock pass, but still lost my ticket. from then On I had to try to avoid any ticket checkmarks / tram etc. BTW if you ride your bike to the races, you can get primo parking. Saturday we drove in to bring coolers full of beer and chairs etc.  parked on the oposite end of where we wanted to go, so it was a long walk with chairs and coolers. Sunday I decided to ride, and I rode the outside circle all the way to close to our spot. was nice.

Anyhow, here's some paddock shots I got.
Here's Team Blue

Team Red

Team Green

And ummm, the Fun Cancer.

Thats about it for me. Anyone local Im always riding with a group of people, so you can get in touch w/ me...Im around the chelsea/Inverness Area.

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 02:45:49 PM »
It sounds like some of you had a great time. Sorry to have missed it. I didn't even catch it on TV. The California race this weekend should be a good one and I will miss that one as well. Going to Banner Elk this weekend for twisties and trout.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline KitD

• Board Regular!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 09:01:53 PM »
Yep a good time was had by all, but Matt Mladin! I'm guessing Tommy Hadin was thoroughly peeved too.

It was great to see Dave again, he is always a classy guy. Good to meet Sergio, John, and Hank too. Larry and I had fun, got to see some of the best racing ever, and I had a yummy sandwich from Jason's Deli!
 :thanks:  guys, lets try to make this an annual event, K?
Kit and Larry
KitD
01 B12s

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2006, 11:21:22 PM »
Had a great time and it was awesome to see Kit, Larry, and John again.

I had the honor of sitting with Kit and Larry on the final race day and we saw some awesome racing together.  I also really enjoyed your company and the great conversation.  You are super nice people!

Lets do that again!   :banana:  :banana:

Dave
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2006, 01:37:55 AM »
just got back.

had a great time meeting new Bandit folks, was lots of fun seeing Dave & his crew.

Took tons of pictures, met Mr. Barber, and the racing was fantastic.

I spent Monday afternoon & Tuesday morning riding the Deals Gap.  I did about 300 miles on the Dragon (3 times), Cherohala Skwy, and loop around Hwy 28.  Didnt get too wet, rain had stopped but the Dragon was all wet on the second trip. Didn't get passed (no traffic).

John Red B12
50k miles
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2006, 01:44:14 AM »
Quote from: "terrebandit"

Lets do that again!   :banana:  :banana:

Dave

This was my second year and I'm going to make this a tradition.   Next time bring your scooters.
John L

Offline bassguytom

• TURBO TYPER!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »
Next year we HAVE to meet up before we get to the track.  I was too early Saturday apparently (I came by the hotel about 8:45).  I spent 2 hours trying to get hold of you guys on Saturday...finally talked to LowRyter just before the 1st race Saturday afternoon, then couldn't find him after the race.  I didn't really want to move because I was in a most excellent spot at the end of the back straight.  But, I came looking for you guys before the Formula Extreme race.

I'm REALLY sorry I didn't get to meet up with you guys.

I have a bunch of pictures that I'll post shortly.

2 other comments:  
1) Riding your bike to the race is the BEST way to go, as far as getting to park pretty much anywhere you like.  However, you better bring a kickstand pad due to muddy fields.
2) IF you ride your bike, watch your speed within 20 miles of the track...there were State Troopers everywhere...brought them in from all over the state, and they were gettin' busy with the biking brothers.  Hope no one got a ticket.

Tom

Offline bassguytom

• TURBO TYPER!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »
Quote from: "IcyChaos"
No pics here???? Okay I'll post some.
Unfortunately I wasn't available for the barbers thing with a bunch of Bandit guys. Hopefully I will do this soon though. It was nice that a few of you saw us meeting up in the morning Friday. I appreciate it and maybe we can go riding someday if you all are local. I would've invited you guys, but you mentioned you were bikeless.

Hey Icy!  I'm local too.  Live in the Hoover area...send me an IM or email and let's do a ride sometime!  I have some guys that I ride with occasionally, but it's never often enough.

Tom

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 02:24:42 PM »
sweet, I'll get in touch with ya for a ride sometime. right now I have a trip to the gap planned in June, and im trying to fix all the minor things wrong with my bike before then.   Usually I joy ride at least once/twice a week and commute all the time as well.

The Police really angered me this weekend by destroying any chance of having fun on 25, and killed 29 dreams buisness. They were clocking people on the interstate from a helicopter, and then pulling people over. it was rediculous.  Had 1 guy from Canada come down, 2 drom Chicago, and one from texas, but couldn't show them how neat 25 was. Still had fun when we ditched that area and took all 10 of us bikes to Bessemer, unbelievable roads down there.

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 03:28:43 PM »
Here's some Sweet Photo's from the Barbers 06 Races. I grabbed these from Joe Rockets website for your viewing pleasure. I wish we could've been this close.

Start of Championship round 2

Gotta love the knee Drags, this is Mladin

Mladin pops it up

Roger Hayden

Duhamel wheelie

My Favorite pic, Knee dragging the grass...Ben Spies

Here's Ben Spies victory burnout.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 06:23:09 PM »
The Police really angered me this weekend by destroying any chance of having fun on 25, and killed 29 dreams buisness. They were clocking people on the interstate from a helicopter, and then pulling people over. it was rediculous.

The LEO presence was FULLY saturated....  those guys were everywhere.  LowRyter mentioned an article he saw in the local rag on Sunday morning describing the crackdown on bikes - shoot, I'll bet the NASCRAP crowd is worse by far.  I didn't see the helo's - that's cheatin'!!

Local forecast is rain this weekend so I'll have my pics all sorted.  Hard to improve on the professional shots though.  I can't stress enough how wonderful Barber was - everyone that worked there or volunteered was really courteous and helpful.  I didn't any brew-ha-ha's normally associated with crowds this size (event record BTW) and will definitely have to ride in the next time.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Barber Superbike Races
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »
Quote from: "txbanditrydr"
The Police really angered me this weekend by destroying any chance of having fun on 25, and killed 29 dreams buisness. They were clocking people on the interstate from a helicopter, and then pulling people over. it was rediculous.

The LEO presence was FULLY saturated....  those guys were everywhere.  LowRyter mentioned an article he saw in the local rag on Sunday morning describing the crackdown on bikes - shoot, I'll bet the NASCRAP crowd is worse by far.  I didn't see the helo's - that's cheatin'!!

Local forecast is rain this weekend so I'll have my pics all sorted.  Hard to improve on the professional shots though.  I can't stress enough how wonderful Barber was - everyone that worked there or volunteered was really courteous and helpful.  I didn't any brew-ha-ha's normally associated with crowds this size (event record BTW) and will definitely have to ride in the next time.

I was told by ByouBandit (max suzi handle) that the cops closed down the road to 29 dreams and made everyone on 2 wheels show license and registration.

I got about two dozen good shots, none as good as Joe Rockets.  I'll send you a CD soon, give me your address in a private e-mail.

I'm told the NASCAR crowd is so lousy that some hotels will only lease to selected customers.  The hotel people love the bike crowd, well behaved when compared to NASCAR.  Funny, when you drive by, Talladeaga looks like a garbage dump after seeing Barber.

This was the best road race I ever seen (includes SCCA, IMSA, Trans Am, CART) (Laguna Seca, MidOhio, Hallett, temporary street).

I can't wait to go back next year.  Let's bring Pete & Carig back with us.

John
John L