Author Topic: NESBA Trackdays @ Beaverun - 5/5 and 5/6  (Read 2979 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
NESBA Trackdays @ Beaverun - 5/5 and 5/6
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:06:52 AM »
Looking at the 07 track schedule, the above might be my first time out for the year.  I know we have some BA members w/in reasonable driving distance of "The Beav".  It's a great track and NESBA is a first-class org.  I'd love to see some of ya-all out there!

www.nesba.org
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
You can count me in. Maybe by then the VFR might even be set up as a race bike? I still have to join up the NESP yet.
  I've ony done the Beave once, it was great being on new smooth track(Nelson Ledges is a bit ruff).
                   Dan

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:29:58 AM »
Now looking at the dates, it might be a little too close to the rally.I can only afford to do so may things at a time. How 'bout a later date.   Dan

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »
Oh, I'll be out there at least twice this season.  Probably three times.  I'm thinking a spring trip, a summer trip and one in the fall.

BTW - From what I hear, it's getting rougher.  It definitely has some ripples - especially if you run wide in 6 (I think it's 6 - the right-hander behind the trees where you change from going up hill to downhill).  The braking area for the carosel is getting beaten up from the cars, too.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 08:39:01 AM »
Just bumpin' this back up.  I paid for the days yesterday so I'm in.  It looks like both the guys I usually ride with are out for the weekend.  I'd love to have someone to pit with.  I know it's close to the rally but hopefully there will be some other BA participation.

:beers:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:20:36 AM »
Rob, If I can't take off a few days for the rally, I'll try to make it to the Beave. Maybe I'll try to make it anyhow. I'm still waiting for a call from my tax guy to see how much$ I have to come up with for Uncle Sam befor I can buy any tires. What did it cost you all together for the membership and the track date?     Dan

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:48:37 PM »
Dan - It would be great to run with you.  Which bike are you traking?

NESBA membership is $75 (includes t-shirt, rain protection, crash/mechanical insurance, some discounts on accessories...).  The first track day is $165.  You get a discount ($25 or 15%) on the second consecutive day.  

www.nesba.com
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:31:13 AM »
Rob, If I can make it,I'd take the "Big Bad Bandit". I know just from riding the Sv a couple X this spring that I'd definatly run quicker laps w/ it. But I havn't finished paying for it yet,has no frame sliders yet. Still have to dump the anti-freeze,but that won't take long,would like to saftey wire a few things that might loosen up(the SV is known for loosesning nuts&bolts. As where the Bandit is paid for,all saftey wired,and has already been baptized.I have to take a good look at my tires though, I can't really afford a new set right now.I heard there was some kind of solvent or somthing that could be used to soften up tires that been around for awhile. My 208GPs are 3 yrs old,and the back wasn't sticking too good last time I was out with them.(cold track then it got wet,that was the day I went down)
  I'd like to make it, but I'll wait and see if I can put some more $ down on the SV first. I want to pay it off as soon as I can.I have a side job thats woth a grand thats going toward it, and I'll be tiling the Gary Pustalak's(the dealer)basement where he did some remodling. Thats worth another 1600.If I can get that acomplished 1st. then I can spend some $ on myself(I hope).
  I'll let you know  where I'm at in a couple of weeks. Dan