Author Topic: Next year? (2006)  (Read 17233 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Next year? (2006)
« on: May 16, 2005, 12:08:46 PM »
 I probably won't set a date until this fall, but where would you like to see the rally next year?
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 04:08:33 PM »
Although I have not been to the others, I voted for a return to Willville.  It's got to be closer for us Northeasterners by quite a bit and I don't think we really even began to explore all the great roads in that area.  If I HAVE to go all the way down to ride the Dragon, I suppose I could still get motivated to show up.   :monkeymoon:

Besides, I'm having biscuit withdrawl already!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
Willville..
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »
I would return to Willville.....but if you want to go to Kansas (where I might have an edge) that would be ok too.... :motorsmile:
2007 Kawasaki KLR650...good fun..

2005 Turbo Hayabusa....pushing 400hp...sometimes a scary ride...

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 10:47:18 PM »
Yeah, there's no MAJOR advantage to any of the locations, with the exception of the  distance some people would have to travel.
  TWO has a great atmosphere, and wonderful food onsite.
  It's a little over two hours to the Dragon.

BRMC has OK food on site, is a little closer to the Interstates, has good roads nearby, and is an hour and a half, (or less) from the Dragon.

There are a few more places to stay around the Dragon, now.   Once you get tired of the Dragon, you still have to ride a bit to get to good roads, and there's more traffic.

I kind of like most of us staying at the same place, which allows more 'social' opportunities.   The campgrounds kind of promote this....

I don't have any major preference....
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline CanAmBandit

• New user!
Next Year
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 11:46:37 PM »
Because this was our first year, it will always be special. Sigh........

But seriuosly, we really liked Willville. We loved the parkway (again) and we loved the little rides around. Thanks to Gary and Dianne from Wilkesboro for a sweet ride Saturday afternoon. Thanks to all who made us feel welcome, and the Robinsons for some rubbed off luck. We vote for Willville. DO we get two votes?

Roy and Sherri
Brantford / Hamilton, Canada
Can I think about this and add something later??

Offline CanAmBandit

• New user!
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 12:00:03 AM »
Just checking to see if I get a vote every time I post a reply.

Offline CanAmBandit

• New user!
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 12:02:22 AM »
'parently not.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 12:11:29 AM »
How about later in the year so the rain chance is lower?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 06:21:05 AM »
That's a possibility, Paul, particularily if we have it at Willville.
 Meadows of Dan has a little less tourist traffic, but I bet it cranks up a bit after Memorial Day.

The May dates are mostly based around the fact that the Smokies gets pretty congested after Memorial Day, and most of the favored locations see some sort of large bike event every weekend.
  There's also the factor of family obligations, and vacations, etc, once the rug rats are out of school.........
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 08:01:41 AM »
I don’t know if it was by accident or design but you picked a good weekend as far as not having a lot of motorcycle traffic in that area. Last weekend was Myrtle Beach so most of the East Coast bikes were at Myrtle and left the mountains to us. Good call. And as far as rain in Virginia. You’d have to go to July or August before you’d have a dry weekend. May and Willville is fine with Susie and I. Had a great time met great people and are now officially Robinson Riders !!!!!

:motorsmile:  :motorsmile:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 08:13:26 AM »
Had a great time met great people and are now officially Robinson Riders !!!!!

:duh:  :shock:  :roll:

(It ain't official unless you have one of 'those' shirts......) :stickpoke:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 11:34:57 AM »
Willville is fine by me, wish I had been able to stay all weekend this time, bad thing is I have vacation available to me as of today :duh:  oh well, 1 week late.  Next year I'm definately making the whole rally, I had a blast the day and a half I was there this year :motorsmile:

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 04:59:36 AM »
I haven't voted yet, but I'm leaning towards Willville partially because I haven't been there yet. How do the roads around that area compare to NC and TN roads?

I agree about the great atmosphere at TWO, but BRMC has a better variety of great roads to travel to and fro the campground. It's also close to the winding roads north of Ashville (a big plus), but it is a little more expensive. I would also be willing to try out one of the other camprounds in the NC mountains.

We probably couldn't do it at a BOSS ralley, but I would like to do a roaming tour of southern Appalachia like you had mentioned in the past, similar to what we did in Colorado. We could maybe meet up at TWO, stay there a couple of nights, then ride up to BRMC and stay there a couple of nights, then head up to Willville or another campground for a couple of nights, then work our way back to TWO.
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 05:20:24 AM »
Craig, the Floribama Riders club does something like that each spring.

The roads around Willville aren't 100% as intense as some in western NC, but there's a lot less traffic, and some lovely shorter sections.
  You're never quite on 'boring' roads, since everything twists and turns a bit.   It's very nice riding.....and a lot less traffic.
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Next year? (2006)
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 08:34:08 AM »
Craig, we did 180 miles on Saturday with 95% twisties. Hardly any traffic and a section they called a mini dragon. I loved it. And there are still more roads to ride that we didn’t get to. But that’s just my opinion you’ll have to ask the others what they thought.

:motorsmile:  :banana:  :congrats:  :lol:  :toocool:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best