Author Topic: Red Bull Moto GP race Indy Sept 14th, 2008  (Read 11230 times)

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
Red Bull Moto GP race Indy Sept 14th, 2008
« on: April 13, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
 The tickets are on sale for the Moto GP race in Indy in Sept and they are going fast. We were just wondering if any one in here was planning on going to the race??? The seating is reserved and they seem to be selling pretty fast. There are however some seating still available and they seem like pretty decent seats. We will be leaving either early Thursday morning (11th) and then after the race we are panning on doing a little riding out there in them black mountains....Probably come back through Missouri and Arkansas and ride some hills ion the Ozark Mountains...I here there is some pretty good riding out there and we are going to get us some of it ....banditone1250s....

There is a thin line between fear and respect....feel free to drift across it every now and then...
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Red Bull Moto GP race Indy Sept 14th, 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »
I ordered general admission tickets and RV camping (see my post in Barber).  Most of the seats are general admissions- not just walk around.  Since this is a new track, I don't know where the best sight lines or photo areas are.  BTW, Barber is great for photos.  Bring your camera there for sure.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
I'm already in the midst of doing a group buy of general tickets with my Yamaha board. We did a similar thing for the Laguna Seca GP race when it came back. I may end up having a few to spare, but too early to tell.

If this board wants to do a group buy, here's how it works - You pledge to buy 20 tickets. With the group buy you get free bike parking during the day, discounts at the gift shop, a group lap around the track (last I heard they're talking about doing that on the Thursday before or the Monday after...boooo!!!).

The good thing is that if you can't get 20 people to buy tickets you still get to keep the tickets you need but lose the group perks. I already got my invoice, but the money isn't due until sometime in August.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline BANDIT#999

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 01:28:59 AM »
I'm definitely going!
Got my email confirmation pinned on my message board behind my comp.
I have written to the track regarding camping/parking as I'm taking my van to sleep in as well as a support vehicle  for some guys I race with. I still haven't got a reply yet. Anyone here got a direct link or email, phone number I can use to find out about camping/parking for the whole weekend? My reserved seat is for race day only, but for the other days I'm kinda hoping I can pop for gen admission at the track.
Been on several boards and there seems to be a great interest in nailing down a meeting point at the track, if it comes off there is gonna be one hell of a crowd of guys that have only talked on the forums, should be a blast!
If tomorrow really is the first day of the rest of my life..........does that mean all the shit I do today don't count?

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:39:08 PM »
I'm definitely going!
Got my email confirmation pinned on my message board behind my comp.
I have written to the track regarding camping/parking as I'm taking my van to sleep in as well as a support vehicle  for some guys I race with. I still haven't got a reply yet. Anyone here got a direct link or email, phone number I can use to find out about camping/parking for the whole weekend? My reserved seat is for race day only, but for the other days I'm kinda hoping I can pop for gen admission at the track.
Been on several boards and there seems to be a great interest in nailing down a meeting point at the track, if it comes off there is gonna be one hell of a crowd of guys that have only talked on the forums, should be a blast!

yes there is camping areas owned by the Speedway that you can reserve (first come, first serve).  Check the web site, it lists locations, maps, and amenities.  You can also talk to the ticket office about it. 

Basically, there are no hook-ups, take water & generator.  There is one lot with concrete.  I have a reservations on the lot NW of the track for (must be over 18 years old) it's across G'town Rd @ 24th St. 

See you there.
John L

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »
Had a few guys fall through on our group buy on the other board so if anybody needs tickets let me know. I'm turning in the funds on 7/18 and buying however many tickets we end up needing. Kind of sucks that for all the other races they run at Indy group buys aren't due until 30 days before the race, but for the Red Bull they're making it 60 days  :annoy:

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »
Had a few guys fall through on our group buy on the other board so if anybody needs tickets let me know. I'm turning in the funds on 7/18 and buying however many tickets we end up needing. Kind of sucks that for all the other races they run at Indy group buys aren't due until 30 days before the race, but for the Red Bull they're making it 60 days  :annoy:

what group is on the other board?
John L

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 09:36:20 AM »
Sorry, was referring to my Yamaha board that I belong to. Had another guy back out last night that officially killed our group buy, so now I'm having everybody get tickets on their own. Only big perk out of the group buy that I wanted was the lap around the track, but since they're doing it on the Thursday prior to the race nobody is going to be down there to do it anyway.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 11:20:15 AM »
I haven't gtten my tickets yet.  I am supposed to be camping in the "over 18" RV lot.    :bandit:

My only hang-up would be my job.  I have a couple of projects beyond my control.   :banghead:
John L

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »
I turned in our money for my Yamaha board yesterday. We fell short on the group buy, but the rep was nice enough to still offer us some of the group perks even though we fell short. I can't promise that he can do the same with ticket purchases after this week since he his mailing out to me the tickets along with the bonus stuff next week.

What you would (could) get: free motorcycle parking for the weekend, discount to the souvenir shop, lap around the track (on the Thursday prior to race weekend).

If anybody is interested send me a pm and I can provide you with his contact information. Again I can't promise that he will extend the offer after this week, but if you'd like to try let me know.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 07:33:54 PM »
I wanna ride around the track !!!!!!!

WAaaa WAaaaaaa

I havent gotten my tickets yet!  When are they being mailed?
John L

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »
I'd love to do the lap around the track but we aren't going to get there until Friday night  :rant2:

Tickets should start going out this week.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »
no tickets yet, of course they just finished the Brick Yard race.

First to get tickets should post here.
John L

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »
wonder if we could get a ticket buy for the Indy Mile?
John L

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »
watch out boys... :rofl: no 'reving' of your engines when you're there... http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2008/08/02/indianapolis_loves_motogp_hates_noisy_mo.html#comments
on a side note http://www.motogpmatters.com/ I think is worth bookmarking for any motogp fan.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike