Author Topic: Rolen's Restaurant/Hillsville, VA  (Read 2985 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Rolen's Restaurant/Hillsville, VA
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:35:56 PM »
 This was a favorite place to eat during the recent rally in the area.
   This is a small, family restaurant downtown, with a modest buffet comprised of freshly made stuff.    Everything tasted good, prices were very reasonable.
    They offer what is currently called 'comfort food', but is just plain decent vittles!   (chicken dishes, veggies, fresh desserts.....how about apple dumplings?) :motorsmile:
  They're only open for lunch and dinner daily, and for breakfast on saturday, (only).
  They're located in a storefront type place on US52, about a block north of US58, on the east side of the street, across from a bank.
  Well worth a detour from I-77 if you're passing through at the right time, or to work into a stop on a ride in the area.

Good food, very nice staff.......
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline banditwing

• New user!
Rolen's In Hillsville
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 10:56:45 PM »
See, Pete, sometimes I know what I'm talking about!  Not often, but sometimes!!
Laban M. Hollingsworth

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 11:00:10 PM »
I vaguely remember being told to 'listen to your Elders' as a child, Holly.
  Makes sense, now! :grin:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline GaryB12VA

• Board Homesteader!
Rolens is closed
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:29:30 AM »
Well, unfortunately we won't be able to tie on the feedbag at Rolens anymore. I rode over to Hillsville Sat. evening looking forward to a nice dinner. The place was dark, the tables and chairs were all scattered around inside and there was a big "For Rent" sign in the window.

So I rode up the street a little further and had some pretty good Mexican food at the Rio Grande.
'06 FJR 1300A

"The person who says it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person who is doing it"

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 11:55:26 AM »
Damn..........
  what a shame.
 :sad:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650