Author Topic: Seneca Rocks, WV  (Read 6933 times)

Offline jasonlarrow

• New user!
Seneca Rocks, WV
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 08:33:11 AM »
If you can give me some more info I would appreciate it.  My boss is kicking me out of work for a couple days so I can clear my head, relax, whatever you want to call it.  Apparently, I'm about 3 hours away from there and it sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered.

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Seneca Rocks, WV
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »
I'll try to remember which roads were cool.

33 from Seneca Rocks, to Harman is nice, some twisties and sweepers.
  From Harman, I took 32 North as far as Davis.  32 has some real nice sections on it.  One time I took the marked HWY 72 from 32 to Hendricks, and then took the bigger road, maybe 219 to Elkins, then back to Seneca Rocks via 33.   The ride from Elkins to Harman was nice.
  hwy 72 is very narrow, very twisty, but a nice ride.  You can't go fast!
It's too tight, and you can't see traffic coming at you.

If you liked HWY 72, try Smoke Hole Road, which is about a mile north of the Smoke Hole caverns on 28, east side of road, over bridge.
  This is another twisty, paved goat trail that leads you eventually to the river.  It heads toward Upper Tract, and HWY 220.   Once you hit 220, you can go to Franklin, get back on 33 again, and head back to Seneca Rocks.  That's a nice ride.   If I remember correctly, you have one intersection on Smoke Hole that's not marked well.  Go left!   :duh:

I think any paved road in this area ought to be fun......
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......