Author Topic: Silverstone WSB '07 ???  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Silverstone WSB '07 ???
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:16:15 PM »
I'm planning a trip to the Isle of Man for the TT and see that there is a World Superbike Race at Silverstone the last weekend of May. I would like to find a way to see the WSB race. I get into Manchester on a Saturday morning and would need to see how I could get up to Silverstone for a Sunday and then find a way to get over to Liverpool right quick for a Monday morning ferry ride over to the Isle.

Anyone have experience with the races at Silverstone and knowledge of how I might be able to get there and back.
I've looked on a map, but I don't see the track listed. Is it somewhere in the vicinty of Northampton/Rugby?
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Silverstone WSB '07 ???
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »
wow Lloyd......you the man!
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Silverstone WSB '07 ???
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »
Yes, I have decided to take a great moto trip every year. Last year Laguna Seca MotoGP and this spring it will be the TT. I figure after smoking 12,387,210 ciggies, I might have about three more years left on this planet. So hopefully I'll be able to get in a dual sport trip to Moab in '08 before the dreaded diagnosis. I really want to ride the South Island of New Zealand before I go, but that is a very expensive trip.
The FloribamaRiders have a group going to Austria this fall, but I will have shot my bolt with the trip to the TT.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Silverstone WSB '07 ???
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »
That's awesome Lloyd! I would like to eventually make it to the Isle of Mann. It might be a while though. However, I might be available for a dual-sport ride in Moab next year, if your looking for some more company!
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Silverstone WSB '07 ???
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »
Hey Craig,

I hope to take the wife out west this year sometime in early September. She has never been west. She thinks I'm taking her sightseeing and trout fishing, but the real reason is to scout out some riding locales. :-))) I could kick myself for not making it to Colorado or Big Bend with Pete two years ago. Opportunities just don't come along that often to take a real road trip. I just got the call from the Triumph dealer to tell me that his first Tiger is coming in sometime next week. I hope it looks better in person, but at this stage I don't really care how a bike looks. It's all about the comfort and performance these days.

The Isle of Man should be good if it's not pouring down rain. If it does storm,  then I'll just have to stay inside eating kippers and drinking stout.

So yes, if Moab is in the plans for '08 then you will be part of it.
~lloyd in atlanta

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Silverstone WSB '07 ???
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 02:03:39 AM »
Quote from: "Bantana"

So yes, if Moab is in the plans for '08 then you will be part of it.

Cool!!! :banana:  :banana:

Hopefully, Pete will have a few days off by then! :beers:
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others