Author Topic: Madmotorcyclist/Meatman Annual AR Ride  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
Madmotorcyclist/Meatman Annual AR Ride
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 11:37:46 AM »
ALRIIIIIIIGHT.

I heard from Sven, and he's in!  ( <== that rhymes in case you didn't notice  :grin: . . . poet and didn't know it . . . )

So, Joe I sent you a PM.  We'll see you at 0800 hrs, or thereabouts, at the Waffle House at the Stadium exit in Jonesboogie.

Sven's in Utah today and he'll be back Friday, so if we're 15 minutes late cut us some slack.  I'm sure his arse'll be draggin', depending on what time he gets in Friday.

See you soon, buddy.

[EDIT:  Oh yeah, I forgot something.  I washed my bike for this!  That's only like the 6th washing in 25,000 miles!  You'se spacial!]  :grin:

[EDIT2:  I can't type for shit.  I found like, 4 typos in that tiny post. :shock: ]
Ever noticed that they don't make helmets out of bone? There's a reason.

Offline madmotorcyclist

• New user!
madmotorcyclist/meatman annual AR ride
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 08:22:43 AM »
All systems are still go for me.  You might want to dress in layers as it is going to be a chilly morning but great after that.  See you all at the Jonesboro Waffle House.

Joe Grove
Jonesboro, AR

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 09:05:10 AM »
:grin:

We had a great time!

Only two instances of close calls:

-The lady ( <== term used loosely, like her teeth  :grin: ) in the white SUV that tried to kill Joe.  He was passing her and she decided to pass at the same time.  She heard his horn (I know she did, she jerked the wheel) and decided to keep coming over on him anyway.  I flipped her the bird later on as we took a right.

-The snake (pretty sure it was a cottonmouth) that struck at Joe's boots as he rode by it.  I hit it as I passed and Sven said he saw it strike at me too!

The mountains were beautiful, the company (i.e. Joe and Sven) was great, the food was good and the riding was spectacular . . . especially that boxed left-hander with all of the "SHARP TURN AHEAD - SLOW TO 20 M.P.H." signs.  They may as well have printed "LANDRY: DUMP 2 GEARS AND FLOOR IT FOR THE TURN AHEAD"!!   :grin:

We're planning an overnighter (possibly spending two nights and riding the entire length) on the Natchez Trace Parkway for next spring, so anyone that would like to join us, start planning.  Not really a fast ride (redneck LEOs abound on that road  :sad: ), but definitely a scenic one.

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »
Yup, great day!  Beautiful weather, nice scenery, along with the good company.

The idiot woman who decided to pass into already passing bikes didn't really have the engine power to pass in the first place.  The guy she was trying to pass ended up driving onto the shoulder of the road to avoid the mutli-car/bike wreck that she nearly caused.

The snake makes a great story, since nobody got hurt.

Other than that...in the words of the Staple Singers, "let's do it again!"
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 02:53:15 PM »
Joe, where's the pics?

Of course I forgot to bring a camera . . . once again . . .  :duh:

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 07:32:51 PM »
sounds like a great time.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline madmotorcyclist

• New user!
madmotorcyclist/meatman annual ar ride
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:51 PM »
Yes, where are the photos?  Actually, there were only two and I e-mailed them to Fast Eddie Copeman so I guess he's got them.  Is that pretty blonde or what.  I might post them if I knew how, but one of them is of the giant raven at Ravenden and the other is of Meatman and Sven.  Guess which is the most interesting.     :bigok:

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »
Email 'em to me, and I'll see if I can post them.  I signed up for photoshop and usually put "post-able" pics there.  They host for free.

Once we get them posted, y'all'll find it hard to believe that I'm the youngest one there.  :grin: