Author Topic: P.A.I.R valve affecting dyno jet kit ?  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Dazbandit

• Board Regular!
P.A.I.R valve affecting dyno jet kit ?
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »
hello peeps I have fitted a dyno jet kit to a Bandit 1200 K1. Do you know if the PAIR system nackers up the idle? I can get the bike to idle smooth when i block off the PAIR system but when I connect it back up I get the poping in the exhaust.I have tried various mixture setting but still the same.But as i have said above It runs great with the PAIR disconnected  :duh: .Are there any people who are in the know.Or have you set it up yourself with the PAIR still connected

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 12:41:17 PM »
Sounds like the PAIR is doing what it's supposed to - inject cool ait into the exhaust to help light off unburned exhaust.

You don't hear it on a stock bike because 1) the OEM muffler does a good job of keeping it quiet and 2) the lean factory settings mean there's less unburned fuel.

I say enjoy the ride and don't worry about it - or ditch the PAIR system.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Dazbandit

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 12:57:17 PM »
:grin:  Nice one MATE.So i can now end my hours of fiddling about LOL.Thank F"""K for that

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
Yeah don't worry about the PAIR system. It will make the exhaust pop a bit but it won't affect the combustion. You can turn your pilot screws till the plugs turn black and it won't stop the popping, in fact it gets worse as there is a bunch of unburnt fuel going into the pipes. Just look at the plugs to make sure you're ok and you'll be fine.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline ray nielsen

• Board Homesteader!
PAIR system
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 09:46:13 PM »
You can leave the PAIR system on the bike but disable it with a plug in the line coming from the air cleaner to the PAIR valve.  

If you remove the PAIR hardward you'll need to plug the lines going to the exhaust ports below the pipes -- machine bolts work fine here -- 8mm if I recall correctly.

You'll also need to plug the vacuum line that originally went to the PAIR valve.

NO more popping, cooler exhaust ports and possibly longer valve life.

Offline deepink

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.oldredtruck.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 12:12:48 AM »
Holeshot sells a plate kit just for this reason, and it is not expensive.  Just FYI or FWIW or OMGLOLWTFBBQ or something like that.
2001 Bandit 1200 - \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Revised\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"