Author Topic: Suspension  (Read 2134 times)

Offline BRGB12X

• New user!
Suspension
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
Got G1 B12. After a day of canyon riding, the bike feels wobbly when just splitting lanes. Racetech front end inards, penski shock. What's up with that?

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Suspension
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »
Is it the road surface? Or maybe your tires? The stock Macadams I had was like a heat seeking missle when it came to finding ruts in the road. Or is it like a high speed wobble? Maybe check your front steering bearings. Put it on the centre stand and get a friend to either sit on the back seat or lean on it so the front tire is off the ground. Move the forks back and forth and check for excessive movement. If you hear a clicking sound your bearings are probably shot. I'm not sure what the play amount allowed on the 1G bike as I have a second generation but in the downloads section I believe there is a 1G manual. Generally any more than an inch or two movement back and forth is too much. It might be that the steering head bolt is loose check for that as well, after a bunch of miles they will loosen up a bit might just need a re-torquing of the steering bolt.

Also make sure your rear tire is aligned properly. There are little tick marks where you adjust the chain tension, make sure they are both on the same ticks.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.