Author Topic: Crash bobbins for B12 fairing  (Read 2292 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Crash bobbins for B12 fairing
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »
In preparation for the inevitable does anyone out there know if they make a B12 Crash bobbin  to protect the fairing to some degree. I have seem them for the engine and frame but is there anything out there that will allow you to drop the bike or lay it down that will minimize damage to the fairing to keep it from cracking like an egg shell?
   Its seems that you could use bobbins in replacement for the fairing securing bolts that stick out far enough to take the hit and scrape for the fairing.

Offline Dundee

• Board Homesteader!
Crash bobbins for B12 fairing
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 02:09:47 AM »
It's not inevitable! But just in case :stickpoke: it's worth trying. Remember though those mounting brackets are very stiff & it's a heavy bike, but your bar ends & indicator especially will sacrifice themselves very well in a drop or very low-speed slide, no damage to fairing.

BUT be sure to get yourself engine guards, some recommend aftermarket & while they protect the cases, they will do very little for the rest of the bike. (Since they're not really "underneath"). I've got OEM guards on & the old board test shows they'd be a huge help.

Try to get an exhaust protector and with all that you may be suprised with the outcome if you only have an 'oops'.

I'm disappointed I can't fit bobbins on the swinger though, has anyone tried it?. :beers:
Mick
2001 GSF1200S