Author Topic: bad vibrations  (Read 3296 times)

Offline gary.c.

• New user!
bad vibrations
« on: November 05, 2006, 06:46:47 PM »
Hi, I have got  vibration on my 1200 k4.It happens between 1500 and 2500 rpm.It can be felt in the seat and bars and the clocks also shake.The bike has 4000 miles on the clock and has already had the carbs and the crank balanced under warranty by suzuki.this made no difference.The bike is fine accept for this.Any ideas as it is driving me mad. :sad:
still ploding along

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
bad vibrations
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »
Well in hindsight I can tell you that its not good that you bought the bike with this problem as a preexisting condition, which make it suspect that the previous owner knew something that you did not. When you say that the crank and carbs have already been balanced, I hope that information was not also passed on by the previous owner, if so that is also not a good sign. A 2004 B12 should not have this problem this early, the only thing I would try for starters, if you haven’t is to synchronize the carburetors again and while at it check for vacuum leaks around the carburetor clamps.
 :duh:

PS- I hope your not talking about a minor vibration in the fairing vibrating against the frame because that is a common occurrence. So I am assuming your talking real shake type vibration that is physical and obnoxious and not buzzing.

Offline gary.c.

• New user!
bad vibration
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »
thanks for your reply,I should have mentioned that the bike was bought from a dealer and the carb and crank balancing was done by suzuki under warranty.neither fixed the vibration.they have said that this is a common fault on bandit 1200 and that some are worse than others.
still ploding along

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
bad vibrations
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 06:16:53 PM »
What do you mean by "serious vibration". The B12 has some buzz in the bars, footpegs and seat.That is normal.

Does it vibrate like a Harley or is it more of a buzz?

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
bad vibrations
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
bad vibrations
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 12:15:17 AM »
Quote from: "mike"
http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34504

Mike, I think that link is a dead end (ERROR!)

After installing my stage 2 Ivan kit, my Bandit is smooth and with no vibration. I do get annoying buzzing in the fairing against the frame between 3k and 4K but I am too lazy right now to take it off and pad the contact point with rubber or foam.

PS- Don’t believe anything a dealer tells you. I have only taken my stuff to a dealer for work 4 times in my life and without fail it was a bad experience unless you are buying new or its under warrantee, even then I had to threaten civil lawsuit before they would act. Who knows what kind of situation they were trying to cover up when they gave you that story. Better do a compression check, wouldn’t be surprised if you come up low on compression in one or more cylinders.

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
bad vibrations
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 07:25:35 AM »
Oops !  I bet you have to be a member there and logged in,  my bad....  It hooks right up for me, but I'm logged in permanently there through my browser settings.