Author Topic: experience with windshields  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Jicima

• New user!
experience with windshields
« on: August 15, 2005, 10:12:12 PM »
Does anyone have any?  I am looking at getting an atermarket as the stock screen seems to hit me right in the chest and neck.  I have been looking at the zero gravity line.  I am wondering specifically if anyone can attest to the double bubble and or the sport touring.

If anyone has any other experience with aftermarkets they love or hate I'd love to hear about that also.

Thanks

jicima

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 02:09:06 AM »
I have the ZG touring shield. I like it but it is not perfect. It is a good improvement over stock. The fit was not perfect and it makes some noise in the form of squeaking from time to time. It raises the wind blast off my chest(I'm 5'10") but did create some buffeting at the helmet. Overall, I give it a 7/10.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Not sure what kinda bike you have but......
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 11:04:41 AM »
I put the Suzuki extended screen on my bike recently.  The best part was raising the air stream to the middle of the helmet instead of at the chin/chest area and reducing the wind pressure on my head/helmet.  The Bandit logo and smoke tint made for some nice bling and my dealer cut me a break on the price.  The fit was good and there seems to be less vibrations in the screen itself.  

The only downside was a "roaring" noise when your helmet is at a certain height - tucked just under the slip steam.  It's not objectionable but noticable.... a different sound from the stock screen.

It's worth a try and would be easy to sell later.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 11:11:05 AM »
madmotorcyclist has a Laminar Lip on his B12 and so far as I know, he really likes it.  

You don't have to change the windscreen to add one, but they are IMHO kind of ugly.  Sorry Joe, but it's true!  :sad:

:grin:
Ever noticed that they don't make helmets out of bone? There's a reason.

Offline DaveG

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »
i have the suzuki db and like it
zg and others seem a bit flimsy by comparison.
good price and look too

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »
Well, I have the ZG touring version, and it did raise the airflow a few inches, but still not over my head (I'm 5'9").  I do not find it to be flimsey at all, however, it did squeak excessively, which I solved by simply applying a bead of clear silicone sealer all around the inside flange of the windshield.  Not a peep since then.  

Anyway, I plan to finish off my shield with one of these >>>

Check out their site for various fixes.  You'll get the air bubble you're trying to create.

http://www.saeng.com/default.htm

Oh, here's how the ZG looks on >>>

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
SHIELD
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 06:49:38 PM »
I know that Givi makes windshields for Bandits.  check out www.casporttouring.com

Matt
98 B6
Ride on!