Author Topic: Handling in the twisty  (Read 5963 times)

Offline chippi

• Board Homesteader!
Handling in the twisty
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 05:25:32 PM »
Not  too keen on your rule 2,4,5,6 and I do agree 7 should be ONE.
I'm pretty sure this thread is going to see many replies, some founded rock solid advice some from riders that have been LUCKY with their strategies. Just because a rider is going through the turns faster than you doesn't make him a better rider.... Just because a guy spend 3 hours a day in the gym doesn't make him the advice guy (yeah  :banana: scientific 20 min workout) I got better things to do :stickpoke: OK sorry back to the point.

Check out Sport Riding Techniques - Nick Ienatsch, Author Great all around info from surviving the day to day getting through the twisties up to info on your fist track day. I'm not say this is the best place to get a copy but to see the cover and description http://www.motoemporium.com/whitehorsepress/sportridingtechniques.html
I read it once loaned it...still trying to get it back for my next read through.
Learn from other peoples mistakes...... or you won't be around long enough to make them all yourself!

Offline neoseity

• TURBO TYPER!
Handling in the twisty
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 01:19:23 PM »
Here here on Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch! Great book!

Total Control by Lee Parks isn't bad either.
Gotta love the traction pizza.

I got both books off amazon.com together.
-Ryan

Offline rorym

• TURBO TYPER!
Handling in the twisty
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 09:28:12 AM »
Pete, After 20 years in Dunlop/Pirelli motorcycle racing teams, you should have given it a go, the explanation is spot on. Hansford, Willing, Magee, Doohan,Sheene used to say to me, brake early, set it up, and drive out the other side , spinning it up if you had to. Perfect! It has worked for me for 30 years, don't see why I should change now. I have tried to explain counter stering to people for years to no avail, as you are leaning over , you actually push the bars the opposite way to the corner to get through fast. Hard to explain, easy to do. If you are turning left and need to get the bike to lean over more, push down on the left handle bar, scares the crap out of most people but it is the way, watch the big guys in the "show" and you will get it.
Rory
The Older I get, The Faster I used to Be.