Author Topic: Jetting problem  (Read 10663 times)

Offline Eric Isabelle

• New user!
Jetting problem
« on: April 05, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm from Quebec, Canada and never post any question on the forum.  My mother tongue is french so it could be a bit rough for me to explain what's exactly my problem.

I have a 2002 Bandit 1200S.  I sent it to be tune a few months ago and never got the chance to ride cause of the winter.  I've ride two or three times in the last two weeks and it doesn't run that well.  The shop dynoed it and the results was supposedly great.

Exterior temperature while riding was 7 celcius. Can it affect the bike performance that much??

So, here's what the bike runs like.  When I'm running at cruising speed ,3-4k rpm with a steady throttle for a while, and I'm suddenly trying to twist the throttle and accelerate, the bike stall and seems to starve for fuel.  I pulled over once and let the bike idle for few seconds and it runs okay for a few miles.  It starts well, idle quite well too and it runs fine on most other situation.

The guy who did the tuning will take my bike back and look at it but I'm curious to know what could be the issue with the jetting?  Or maybe someting else to look at?

My setup is almost stock.  K&N filter with a lot of holes in the airbox and a slip-on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:04:45 PM by Eric Isabelle »

Offline Eric Isabelle

• New user!
Re: Jetting problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:20:13 PM »
Anyone??

Offline Smoky14

• New user!
Re: Jetting problem
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »
Could be carbs are icing up and sitting allows the heat to deice and away you go.
Smoky