Author Topic: More 2Bros Questions.  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
More 2Bros Questions.
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:11:56 AM »
Two Bros received and installed. We had a hug snow dump here a while ago which is slowly melting away with just above freezing temps. Yesterday I was able to go for a spin up and down the road (dodging slippery, snowy sections) to test out the pipe. Wow...preeeety loud. Guess it's just that the stock is so damn quiet that I just need to adjust. But the deep throaty sound is there as promised. And the weight difference is huge. The only thing I'd say is a bit cheezy (for the price) is the thin metal logo that is pop riveted on and can be moved with my fingers. Now the bike had sat for a month in an unheated garage and I let it warm up for a good ten minutes.  I know the carbs weren't really warm yet so I'm not certain it was up to working temp. But I had a lot throttle choke and exhaust backfire when laying off the throttle. I am supposed to be able to run this pipe without a jet kit but now I am beginning to wonder. Any thoughts?
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline zeebandit

• Board Homesteader!
More 2Bros Questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 01:18:20 PM »
Bandits are very cold blooded. I have a stage 1 FactoryPro jet kit installed in my 1st. gen B1200. When it's cold it takes awhile to warm up. However, when it does get warmed up it runs like a banshee. What you're experiencing is commom.  :motorsmile:
Free thinker and proud to be a member of a board that let's me be one.

Offline LensWork

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~lenswork/
Re: More 2Bros Questions.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 04:09:01 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketjock"
I am supposed to be able to run this pipe without a jet kit but now I am beginning to wonder. Any thoughts?

Glad you FINALLY got the 2 Bros! The manufacturer claims that the pipe CAN be run without a jet kit, as CAN most pipes, but a jet kit will bring out the performance of the new can. Bandits, like most bikes, are lean from the factory, and adding a pipe makes them even leaner.

So yes you can run it without a jet kit, but why would you? A pipe without a jet kit is just a noise maker, and offers little performance increase. The performance potential of a pipe can only truly be realized be re-jetting.
Thanks,

Mike
LensWork

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
More 2Bros Questions.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:13:51 AM »
Was able to take her out yesterday in between storms and carefully missing all the downed branches for a longer ride, getting the engine up to normal riding temp. Everything performed as before with maybe even a little more umph. Getting salt and mud all over the new stainless wasn't fun. The pipe is LOUD tho, loud enough that I may have to now ride with ear plugs. Interestingly enough, the biggest noise is at low revs and drops off considerably at midrange. Don't get me wrong, I love the new sound. Have definately let the lion out of the cage.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!