Author Topic: Help with datatool digi cable speedo installation on a bandit 600 !  (Read 2293 times)

Offline davo73

• New user!

Hi ppl !

i really could do with some help ive just installed a datatool digi cable speedo which shows the gear which the bike is in etc on a 1997 bandit mk1 , the problem is its powered up fine and the neutral circuit is working fine aswell but when i try to start programming it the following problems arise .

i,ve tried resetting the digi first and then go into programming mode i then tap the orange wire and select up to al the 6 gears on the display as noted in there instructions.

i start off with the 1st gear and rev my bikes engine to 2000 rpm and the device registers 1st gear , then next onto 2nd gear again the 2000 rpm and that registers 2nd gear fine but third gear will not register no matter what i try and just flashes the number 3 constantly ???

because its a cable speedo and i am using the datatool magnet sensor kit that fits to the rear wheel with its special sensor it makes me wonder if i have done something wrong during installation ?

the wiring is coming from the ignition control unit under the bikes seat and after reading the wiring diagrams in the bikes haynes manual it explains that the blue / black stripe and the yellow wire are the pulse generator wires circuit which im assuming is either the speedo or the tachometer wiring for the bike , at the moment my yellow wire from the digi unit is wired to the blue/black wire if that sounds correct or am i missing something ppl ???

Any help will be appreciated cause i,m starting to rip my hair out argggghhhh !

thanks in advance ;)

Offline davo73

• New user!
Re: Help with datatool digi cable speedo installation on a bandit 600 !
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:26:25 PM »

oops sorry moderator can you please move this to the bandit technical forum  , thanks ;)