Author Topic: friction plates?  (Read 2764 times)

Offline karl

• TURBO TYPER!
friction plates?
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »
right, i've bought some friction plates for my bandit. gonna get new spring/s as well i think.

anyone done one? if so, how to? and what else will i need?

thanks
karl
'98 750 Bandit

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
friction plates?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »
If yo have a bead blaster available to you, you can bead blast the steel plates to remove the blueing that occurs from the plates getting hot. You can also set the plate on something flat to make sure that the steels are not warped, other than that, just watch real close when you take the clutch out, and replace in the same order. :motorsmile:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline karl

• TURBO TYPER!
friction plates?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »
is  it just the clutch cover gasket i'll need? or anthing else?  any special tools?

thanks
karl
'98 750 Bandit

Offline bikeb4cage

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
clutch
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »
Make sure you soak the new friction plates in clean engine oil (1 hour or so) prior to install.  No other special tools required.  FYI, if you put a 2x4 under the rear tire, and put the bike on the side stand, you can remove the clutch cover (RHS) without any spillage (just a dribble).
2001 B12N

Offline karl

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: clutch
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »
Quote from: "bikeb4cage"
Make sure you soak the new friction plates in clean engine oil (1 hour or so) prior to install.  No other special tools required.  FYI, if you put a 2x4 under the rear tire, and put the bike on the side stand, you can remove the clutch cover (RHS) without any spillage (just a dribble).

its getting a service at the same time anyway. oil, filter, plugs and what ever so wont make much different. but good tip though.

thanks.
karl
'98 750 Bandit

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
friction plates?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »
U might wanna use a torque wrench.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!