Author Topic: "NUMBER 99"  (Read 21696 times)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »
Yep, the surgery went well.  :wink:

Who cares about the new bike anyway, when there's so much more interesting "Springfield" trivia to talk about?  :roll:

So, anybody know which Springfield "The Simpson's" are from?  :lol:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2007, 03:13:57 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"

Who cares about the new bike anyway, when there's so much more interesting "Springfield" trivia to talk about?  :roll:

Funny - Reading what this thread has become... I was thinking of Springfield, too.  There are actually two Springfields in suburban Philly.  Any time one of them is in the news, they have to specify which county.  And of course, the Simpsons..

So, did they just scope the shoulder to clean up the cuff or did you have a major tear?  I had the frayed edges of mine cleaned up when they went in to reattach my labrum a few years ago.  FUN!!!!!!!!!!   :annoy:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »
Hey Hey!! We were just tryin to keep the thread near the top so Zen could find it in his drugged state.   :stickpoke:

Welcome Back, Zen,...

reading all of this,.. I'm really good I haven't had a major injury to date! (*stormi knocks on wood and considers sacrificing a rubber chicken for that comment*)
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »
Good job, I woulda never found this thread again in my oxycodone fog if it wasn't for ya'll...   :roll:  

Pitter, the cuff was torn completely off the bone, he drilled a screw in to hold it on. And yep. there was the shaving off of the spur also. Not fun.

I've got matching Frankenstein scars on both shoulders now... like epaulets.  :wink:

My guess for the Simpson's would be either Springfield, Illinois, or Springfield, Ohio.... looks like a midwest town from the cartoon.   :lol:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »

I know you're in a drugged state, so you may not have noticed the link I posted -
http://www.snpp.com/guides/springfield.list.html#realspringfields
- takes you to a specific area of the web page. If you would have scrolled UP, you would have noticed the page discusses where the Simpson's Springfield is... or actually where it isn't.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2007, 06:06:56 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"

I know you're in a drugged state, so you may not have noticed the link I posted -
http://www.snpp.com/guides/springfield.list.html#realspringfields
- takes you to a specific area of the web page. If you would have scrolled UP, you would have noticed the page discusses where the Simpson's Springfield is... or actually where it isn't.

Jeezus, Red, you're a real stickler for details, huh? I saw your link, I just thought it was fun to speculate anyway, that's all. Lighten up!   :stickpoke:  

Stormi... is he always like this? A real hoot at parties, I bet...  :roll:  :lol:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »
I'm not that bad...  :bandit:

I just figured you missed it.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2007, 01:56:44 AM »
I'm not that bad...  :bandit:

I just figured you missed it.

Hey, every board needs a resident trivia freek, no problem bud.  :bandit:

Now, supposing that there was no link proving the nonexistence of Bigfoot, do you believe it really exists?  :lol:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2007, 11:06:12 AM »
You're asking a Northwesterner is Bigfoot is real?  :lol:

:pop: We even have "Bigfoot Crossing" signs on the highways. Not as common as "Deer Crossing" signs though.

Where do you think they get those "cavemen" for the new GEICO commercials? They're Bigfoot critters with haircuts.   :wink:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2007, 12:48:33 PM »
You're asking a Northwesterner is Bigfoot is real?  :lol:

Now see, Red, if you're gonna jump on other people for the slightest slip-up, then you really oughta pay more attention yourself.  :annoy:

I didn't ask you if Bigfoot was real, I asked "Do you believe they really exist?"  :stickpoke:

I already know they're real.  :bandit:

When I had property on the penininininsula (near Quilcene) we had a whole family of Bigfoots living in a cave down the hill from us. It was ok except for they were always borrowing a cup of sugar or some honey at 3-4:00 AM... they made the porch creak really loud when they walked across it.  :shock:

I wonder what they were doing with all those sweets at that time of night, anyway?  :roll:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »
Now if I believed they were real, wouldn't I have to believe they exist... or vice-versa? :bandit:

I haven't had any come borrow things... maybe because I'm too close to the salt water?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2007, 04:03:09 PM »
Now if I believed they were real, wouldn't I have to believe they exist... or vice-versa? :bandit:

You may believe something is real, but it doesn't make it so.

Vice-versa, something can exist even if you don't believe in it.

That's why I would never ask anyone if something was real, like you said I did, only whether they believe it exists.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~ Adam Savage, MythBusters

I haven't had any come borrow things... maybe because I'm too close to the salt water?

Yeah, you may be on to something there... slugs don't like saltwater either.  :bandit:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2007, 04:27:29 PM »

I agree with that 100%... but you said:

I didn't ask you if Bigfoot was real, I asked "Do you believe they really exist?"  :stickpoke:

To which I still say, if I believed they were real, wouldn't I have to believe they exist? :monkeymoon:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2007, 05:02:18 PM »

I agree with that 100%... but you said:

To which I still say, if I believed they were real, wouldn't I have to believe they exist? :monkeymoon:

Yes, but that's your question, not the one I asked.

I asked you what your belief is concerning the existence of Bigfoot. You still haven't answered me.  :roll:

Your question addresses the rather obvious... that if one believes in the existence of a thing, the logical belief that it is real must follow.... and vice-versa.  :clap:

Now if you really wanna open up an existential can of worms, how about this one:

Someone gives you a fossil of a dinosaur. You're holding it in your hands. Do you believe:

A. It exists, therefore dinosaurs are real.

B. It doesn't exist, someone is playing a trick on you.

C. It exists, but it is not really a dinosaur fossil.

D. It exists, but dinosaurs did not, at anytime in history.

E. It exists, and so did dinosaurs at one time, but not anymore.

F. It exists, because God created it to test your faith.

G. It doesn't exist, and neither does anything else, because everything is a figment of your imagination.

H. It exists, but you don't, because at some time in the future you ride a time machine back to the past and kill your own grandfather before your father was born.

I. There are an infinite number of answers to this question.

If you chose "I", then you realize that belief and reality are two different things... but of course that is only what you believe.  :motorsmile:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2007, 06:25:39 PM »
OK... I nominate this as the all-time weirdest BA thread!    :lol:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED