Author Topic: "NUMBER 99"  (Read 21672 times)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2007, 03:56:19 PM »
I like the the hacked off exhaust...I doubt it'd be much louder but would likely drop a couple of pounds...go for it!
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Well, I think it looks better than the original, but still has a heavy look to it.
I'm guessing by the time you're healed, there'll be more than one option from the aftermarket. Especially if those things are flying out the door.
(Though the one my local dealer got 3 weeks ago is still sitting there.)

Oh yeah, there'll be plenty of aftermarket cans out there sooner than later... but the key words here are "wouldn't cost a dime".  :wink:

Hey, I'm bored, can't ride, and it's only photoshop...  and I happen to like fabricating my own one-of-a-kind stuff. :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »
Quote from: "Dreadnought"
I like the the hacked off exhaust...I doubt it'd be much louder but would likely drop a couple of pounds...go for it!

Thanks.  :wink:

I wouldn't want it to be much louder, just enough to hear it. I'd have to pull it apart first anyway, see what all's inside... just an idea so far.  :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »
Two Bros Exhaust These guys make a nice slip on...

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2007, 02:34:33 AM »

Thanks for the link.   :wink:  

Good to see aftermarket stuff coming out so soon. Two Brothers makes a great product... and for $500 bones it better be!   :duh:

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2007, 06:50:42 AM »
I think it would look better if you cut alot more then that off, how about 1/2 or more, like to the mount bracket! Stubbies look better then gaint cans . . me thinks.
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"

Good to see aftermarket stuff coming out so soon. Two Brothers makes a great product... and for $500 bones it better be!   :duh:

Heheh...my full Muzzy was only $195 new from the factory :wink:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2007, 11:44:53 AM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"

Well, they do have one model for under $400...   :wink:

And Yoshimura has four selections out now, too.  :bigok:

TRS in carbon fiber or stainless:

And the RS3 in carbon fiber or stainless:

(They don't have a pic of the RS3 in stainless up yet though.)
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »
Thanks Red. Glad to see Yosh is on top of things with the new B1250.  I like the carbon fiber. :bigok:

I guess my thing with modifying the stock can is my stubborn frugal side showing.  :roll:  I'm a decent fabricator, I have the equipment and tools to do it, and I can even build a whole exhaust from scratch if I wanted to put all the hours of painstaking labor into it. It's a balance of how much $$$ I want to spend versus the loss of riding time by building something.

A good compromise is modifying the existing components. For instance, I could buy a smaller diameter stainless or aluminum tube, use the existing internals out of the stock can with some fabricating, and come up with a good performance exhaust mod for under $50 bucks and about 10-20 hours of labor. And it would look good too.  :bigok:

It's a great sense of accomplishment... if I can get similar performance specs from the fruits of my own skills, and minimal investment. There's not that much "secret magic" when it comes to increased exhaust and intake flow... if you understand the principals. Of course it sure helps to have a dynamometer... I wish!  :bandit:

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
trans tick...
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2007, 07:10:37 PM »
No Zenmann, I am afraid that it is not the break-in oil. I have done my first oil change already and it still makes that noise. I guess I'll start worrying when it stops making that noise. I'll have to check out my vin# and maybe I can come up with a name for mine to. It's identical to yours except for the vin # of course. I hope any way!!!! Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!! Banditone1250s
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
"NUMBER 99"
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2007, 07:39:09 PM »
MAN! That RS3 in carbon fiber is sweet!  gonna make me spend more money!LOL
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: trans tick...
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »
Quote from: "banditone1250s"
No Zenmann, I am afraid that it is not the break-in oil. I have done my first oil change already and it still makes that noise.

Yep, I did mine too and it still "whirs" in there, but it's quite a bit quieter with 10-40w in it. And a LOT quieter than when it only had 1 mile on it!

But it goes away when I pull the clutch in. I'm almost sure it's the transmission, and it will continue to get quieter as the gears wear in.

Someone told me the new "stacked" tranny is based on the 'Busa tranny, and it does the same thing. Sure does shift real slick though, aye?  :bigok: