Author Topic: 1st Ride on a 2 Gen Bandit 600s  (Read 2334 times)

Offline 00to60

• Board Homesteader!
1st Ride on a 2 Gen Bandit 600s
« on: September 26, 2006, 02:24:03 AM »
I know this is kinda late (3 years after discontinuing the B6 in the US), but I finally got to ride a 2002 Bandit 600s.This model had the aftermarket dragbars installed like mine, but they felt lower and the footpegs felt higher (like a crotchrocket) than the 1st gen B6 (more comfortable for long trips). The bike idled smoother and quieter. The reviving was also smoother. Throttle response was about the same as the 1st gen. B6, however my 1st gen. B6 has some modifications to make it a little more responsive then the stock.Mirrors seemed to be positioned comfortable whereas you can view traffic behind, but they seemed to stick out alittle far when actually sitting on the bike. Overall Suzuki made excellent improvements for the better on the 2nd gen B6.  :motorsmile:

I fell more partial to my 1st gen B6,because of the history I have with it, the mods performed on it, and the 1st gen seemed to slice through the wind better, whereas the 2nd gen B6 provided more wind protection and drag.

After a tough decision VERDICT: 1st Gen B6!!!! :winner:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary