Author Topic: Pull Front Wheel on power?  (Read 10493 times)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
Pull Front Wheel on power?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 11:25:48 PM »

The complete idiots guide to motorcycles supposedly says that the B4 is one of the best handling bikes ever made.  I say keep it on the ground and let it do what it loves, rather than beating the ratshit out of it.

hear hear!! :lol:

Offline kevinfromrex

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 11:37:25 AM »
I think thats right, take care of them.

I pulled the front wheel a couple times to see what kind of power I had when I got the bike at 3,000 miles.
This also allows me to know how hard the motor hits when I crack the throttle open hard in a corner, now I know, now I dont try to wheelie anymore.

I think we should ride them hard but like the factory intended.
Wheelies and burnouts cost money and extreme wear on the bike. I watch riders around Atlanta wheelie and stoppie all day every weekend, if they've got the money, let them wreck them, but not me. (watch what you buy in the local trader)

I also dont bury my $9000 atv over the seat in water and mud either for the same reason, it costs too much. I dont burn the wheels off my 94 corevette convertible, those tires are $260 each, or my hemi pickup with $150 tires each.

But I do WANT the power to pull the front end on my bike when and if I ever want to!
2001 Suzuki GSF600S

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 12:49:40 AM »
Just be careful with all that power, I took some soil samples for the EPA last night while doing a wheelie. It snapped up a bit quicker than I expected, the next thing I knew I was sliding sideways with both wheels locked up. Then I slid into my chainlink fence on my front lawn and knocked down 2 steel fenceposts. :duh: Luckily I didn't get hurt, and did only minor damage to my beloved B12.

So guys, be WHEELIE careful!!   :beers:
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife
NO problem!(yeah right!!)

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »
Quote from: KX5000
Just be careful with all that power, I took some soil samples for the EPA last night while doing a wheelie. It snapped up a bit quicker than I expected, the next thing I knew I was sliding sideways with both wheels locked up. Then I slid into my chainlink fence on my front lawn and knocked down 2 steel fenceposts. :duh: Luckily I didn't get hurt, and did only minor damage to my beloved B12.

So guys, be WHEELIE careful!!   :beers:

You only took out 2 fenceposts?  :shock:

The B12 is usually good for 4 minimum.  :wink:

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2006, 03:58:17 PM »
The B12 is usually good for 4 minimum. Wink

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 04:53:25 PM »
I have to say, I think its a crime (metaphorically) to thrash a beautiful machine unnecessarily. So many people claim to love motorcycles, and to love riding them and then they go out an trash the things. Then years later, when they've matured, they lament the fact that they don't see any more of Suziwakondamaha gcyksbzxr's on the road and what a great bike it was and why can't you find them anymore? cause they, and others like them trashed them years ago... :duh:

Take care of that baby. Ride her hard, ride her fast, but treat her well. Keep her lubed and happy and she'll treat you well and become a great friend for years to come. sorta like women, I guess :grin: (/me ducks)

Offline 00to60

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »
The Bandit 1200 has good hp (101 hp stock) and lots of torque ( 70 ft lbs for wheelies). It is a comfortable motorcycle with good ergonomics. As far as fairing, you can get aftermarket fairing from www.whaccessories.com ( Wildhair Accessories).

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Also the B12 is affordable for a liter size plus bike.  :motorsmile:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2006, 10:40:57 AM »
The B12 is usually good for 4 minimum.

Yer killin me DA.

This whole thing reminds me, someone on this board said something about the throttle response of a 600 abndit...He really should try a 1200!! :banana:

Andrewsw, seriously dude...It's just a motorcycle. Made to be ridden and enjoyed. If you choose to baby your bike, go for it. I'm gonna keep ridin it like I stole it. I've got 21000 miles on my bandit, and this is the first time I've ever dropped it. I really do love my Bandit, no other bike gives the versatility of a Bandit, I've ridden it fast like a sportbike, I'v taken long trips with my wife on the back (500 mile days), and it looks cool cruisin through town(especially on the back tire with the saddlebags on!)

:motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:
I need an emoticon of a bike going up and over backwards!
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2006, 01:27:43 PM »
It's just a motorcycle.

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree that its just a motorcycle. I'm saying that if you are lucky enough to have a rare, coveted, unique or otherwise special bike, pulling wheelies on it is not a great idea. I ride my bike hard, harder all the time. I redline her routinely. I pile on the brakes when its appropriate. But if I wanted to work on wheelies, stoppies, burn-outs and other fun things, I'd get a hold of a throw-away bike to destroy. I've seen guys pulling wheelies and thrashing the frame through hard landings on all sorts of hard-to-find, only-a-few-left bikes which I consider a tragic waste of good engineering, history, nostalgia, whatever. I agree that a bike should be ridden, I just think some thought is appropriate when doing things outside the normal operating mode of the vehicle.

I'm also turning into an opinionated old-fart. meh. so it goes. :wink:

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »
I get what you're saying andrew, that's why I don't ride wheelies on my '73 Z1. I probably should stick to wheelieing my dirt bike, but the bandit just does 'em so well!!   :banana:  :banana:
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006, 02:28:59 PM »
Someone posted about Bandits snapping in half because of, I'm assuming, wheelie abuse. Altho it's hard for me to picture a frame breaking from this unless there is  welding defects, I may deferr to the more cautious side and keep my wheelies to a minimum.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »
I'm glad I didn't do THIS:
http://break.com/index/really_bad_motorcycle_wheelie.html

This link was posted in the squidly news section
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife

Offline Robbieukb12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2006, 06:45:56 AM »
What an a** hole only wearing jeans :duh:
If you wanna learn to wheelie goto a wheelie school ,you get proper tuition and you ride there bikes so if you drop it no big deal.
I have done 2 wheelie schools and can now with confidence wheelie my B12s still yet to change gear but can lift it up and keep it there.
Half the battle is confidence.
Now its hard NOT to wheelie when i'm stuck at the lights :motorsmile:
Robbie
2002 B12s
Ivan's jet kit
Scorpion exhaust

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2006, 09:36:12 AM »
I learned younger when I had a YZ250, that bike was a wheelie machine .  A mx bike with close gear ratios and a hell off a 2 stroke powerband, it was really fun but I did flip it several times in the dirt.  I could ride that bike from 2nd-4th on one wheel, the B12 I've managed a couple 1st-2nd in the air changes, but it was so unpredictable it scared me so I stuck with the 1st gear power wheelies.  I almost flipped it one time shifting into second, stabbed the back brake when second was sending me over backwards and smacked my nads on the tank and face/helmet on the bars.  That was the last time I tried a shift in mid air on the ol' B12..
 :duh:

Offline Robbieukb12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2006, 05:41:17 PM »
HAHA :grin:  oh yes i can relate to the old meat and 2 veg slapping on the tank.

I have tried to shift gear but i either dont shut off power enough to clutchless change or have hit neutral, im that addicted im going back to the school to learn to change gear i'd rather trash there gearbox than mine trying it :lol:
Robbie
2002 B12s
Ivan's jet kit
Scorpion exhaust